The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rule Britannia
Why isn't the mother in jail?

Would happen to a boy in a similar situation.

I dont think its illegal for an older girl to have sex with a yonger boy, as i understand it, correct me if im wrong, but the age of consent is only relevent to girls?
Reply 41
ste0731
A 13 year old gets more action than most of TSR :biggrin:

fair play to him :smile:

Knew it was a mancunian story soon as you read "chuffed to bits", true manc phrase.

This actually made me LOL :rolleyes:
Small123
The individuals identities were kept confidential.

I wasn't particularly referring to this case, just the general attitude of blaming individuals rather than the inequality that causes it.
Arctic Explorer
I dont think its illegal for an older girl to have sex with a yonger boy, as i understand it, correct me if im wrong, but the age of consent is only relevent to girls?

You're wrong and I'm correcting you: no.
Reply 44
That's ******* ridiculous, absolutely **** parenting from the dad there too, doesn't even know that his son is having sex at the age of 12/13 with a 15/16 year old! And the girl should be dealt with, she should definitely know better than that.
Use protection.

Especially if you are underage.
Reply 46
get in there lad
Reply 47
As if that bastard got laid before I did. The world is truely screwed up.
Reply 48
We need better sex ed. Everything I learnt about sex came from magazines, and we certainly had no decent sex ed until we were about 15, which is ridiculously late. Most of the girls in my class could have taught the teachers a thing or two by then! I find it wierd that kids so young are having sex, but just saying 'it's illegal until you're sixteen' just presents a challenge and makes it cool if you do it before then. Thats not to say that there shouldn't be the age of consent, but that kids should have proper education well before they start hitting puberty.
Reply 49
so gross. like me and a 13 year old
EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW
not even for a million pounds.
Reply 50
edit: nevermind, i'm retarded :sigh:

i thought the article was tl;dr and that this story was about alfie w/e :facepalm:
Reply 51
Nfixlol
i swear this story is quite old? :s-smilie:

it came up on msn today :dontknow:
Psycho0101
Read the last line of my post and have a look at the video in my sig. Most of these 'fathers' are useless chavs as well. However, young girls represent a much bigger problem in the UK today, especially wrt alcohol. My point was in reference to the bit of the article where the girl did not know who the father was. That makes her a slag.

Why are you getting so defensive? Did you also get pregnant at 13 or 14?

I'm getting defensive because 'slag' is offensive and sexist.
Tuppenny
We need better sex ed. Everything I learnt about sex came from magazines, and we certainly had no decent sex ed until we were about 15, which is ridiculously late. Most of the girls in my class could have taught the teachers a thing or two by then! I find it wierd that kids so young are having sex, but just saying 'it's illegal until you're sixteen' just presents a challenge and makes it cool if you do it before then. Thats not to say that there shouldn't be the age of consent, but that kids should have proper education well before they start hitting puberty.

I agree so much, the UK has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and it's because we have crap sex education. It's all very well saying "oh he wasn't mature enough to use a condom" or "she's a slag" (:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) but if kids have never been taught how to deal with these things then we can't put all of the blame on them, they've been completely failed by their schools/parents who haven't given them proper sex education.

I mean, I really could never fault a 13 year old for not knowing to use a condom when we were only really told this at the age of 14. It really is far too late, I mean it doesn't do any harm to give kids the information sooner but it does a lot of harm to give it to them later. In fact it probably does them good to give it sooner, because it will be more ingrained and will be second nature rather than something new they are learning.
There was one of these a while ago with a boy called Alfie...except his girlfriend had about five guys lining up claiming it was theirs!

Turned out it wasn't his - you should see some of the pics of him holding the baby though; he really was just a boy.

Yeah - just read the article. This is Alfie:

And this is the girl's real dad:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2435283.ece
WTF does "chuffed to bits" mean?
Arctic Explorer

Nope.

CPS
Those accused of child rape can no longer argue that the child consented. Any sexual intercourse with a child under 13 will be treated as rape. Other non-consensual offences against children under 13 are sexual assault by penetration, sexual assault, and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

There are new offences of sexual activity with a child under 16. These cover a range of behaviour, involving both physical and non-physical contact. As children and young persons commit sexual crimes on other children, these offences apply also to persons under 18.

Prosecution of those under 18
The age of consent is 16. Because children can and do abuse and exploit other children, the Act makes it an offence for children under 16 to engage in sexual activity, to protect children who are victims.

However, children of the same or similar age are highly unlikely to be prosecuted for engaging in sexual activity, where the activity is mutually agreed and there is no abuse or exploitation.

The Crown Prosecution Service has issued guidance to prosecutors, which sets out the criteria they should consider when deciding whether or not it is in the public interest to bring a prosecution.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/sexual_offences/
cool story bro
Baltimoron
WTF does "chuffed to bits" mean?

It means that he can't wait to have another 3 kids by the age of 18, hopefully with 3 different teenage girls.
nolongerhearthemusic
I agree so much, the UK has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and it's because we have crap sex education. It's all very well saying "oh he wasn't mature enough to use a condom" or "she's a slag" (:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:) but if kids have never been taught how to deal with these things then we can't put all of the blame on them, they've been completely failed by their schools/parents who haven't given them proper sex education.

I mean, I really could never fault a 13 year old for not knowing to use a condom when we were only really told this at the age of 14. It really is far too late, I mean it doesn't do any harm to give kids the information sooner but it does a lot of harm to give it to them later. In fact it probably does them good to give it sooner, because it will be more ingrained and will be second nature rather than something new they are learning.

Actually, teenage birth rates are linked to income inequality - in countries were the gap between the highest 20% and the lowest 20% income is narrower, the teenage pregnancy rates are lowest. The UK one of the more unequal countries, therefore we have higher teenage pregnancy rates. The same is true for all 50 of the States in America.

Latest

Trending

Trending