The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AshMcD

Not old, we're experienced.

:biggrin: :yep:
I felt old when I worked out that the year sevens joining my old school were born after the First generation Pokemon releases :p: Thinking about 2010 makes me feel old because I'll be twenty that year and at the end of the next decade I'll be almost 30 :zomg:
causeandeffect
What do you think people will remember of this decade? (00's, Noughties or whatever name it will be given).

I personally will remember this decade as my party decade. I will also remember it as the decade where my expectations of society and politics and the like grew, and each hope was subsequently dashed.
God I feel so old nowadays when the year7s at school were born in 98 and I was born in 92. I remember when I was that age! Time has just flown past so quickly.

I remember the turn of the millennium and the whole millennium bug. Seeing the London eye being made every Saturday when I was on my way to Islington.

Oh and the fact that unless you go to Cartoon Network or watch the children stations at like 10pm you can't find one show that used to be on when you were younger. Now you have thumbs wrestling each other.

All my little cousins have mobile phones and they're like six, their own laptop. I didn't get a phone until I was like 13 and it was Nokia 7210, I didn't even have my own computer until I was 15? I always wanted to borrow my friends when I was in primary school to play snake on it, and was so jealous becasue I didn't have one!
makingamemory
God I feel so old nowadays when the year7s at school were born in 98 and I was born in 92. I remember when I was that age! Time has just flown past so quickly.

I remember the turn of the millennium and the whole millennium bug. Seeing the London eye being made every Saturday when I was on my way to Islington.

Oh and the fact that unless you go to Cartoon Network or watch the children stations at like 10pm you can't find one show that used to be on when you were younger. Now you have thumbs wrestling each other.

All my little cousins have mobile phones and they're like six, their own laptop. I didn't get a phone until I was like 13 and it was Nokia 7210, I didn't even have my own computer until I was 15? I always wanted to borrow my friends when I was in primary school to play snake on it, and was so jealous becasue I didn't have one!

pff 1992 births old? Try 1989. I do sometimes feel old when you realise even 14 year olds nowadays cant personally recall the death of princess Di. I quite like feeling old. Its better than being a noughties kid. Who'd want to remember High School Musical and Hannah Montana as part of their childhood? :yucky: Doesnt bear thinking about.
Botticello
pff 1992 births old? Try 1989. I do sometimes feel old when you realise even 14 year olds nowadays cant personally recall the death of princess Di. I quite like feeling old. Its better than being a noughties kid. Who'd want to remember High School Musical and Hannah Montana as part of their childhood? :yucky: Doesnt bear thinking about.

3 years :tongue:

Hell I'm supposed to be an 'adult' next year, I still feel like a 13/14 year old.

You forgot Jonas Brothers in that list. :sadnod:
Reply 26
The September 11th attacks were the most important thing to have happened during this decade.
I just turned 20. Of course I feel old :frown: Just yesterday I've been a kid, and today they're asking me when I'll have kids??
I feel old, i'm 23, i am the only person at my workplace bar managers with a degree all the rest are old without higher education, left for uni or still at school. So much has happened to me in the noughties, My GCSE's, A levels degree, i fell i love, twice. I made some decent friends finally...
Botticello

1989??? hell I'm 1986, my bf is 1981 real 80's kid. i knwo what you mean though, movies and kids tv they don't make them like they used to. All the CGI today, I watch Willow and The Neverending Story and their effects are just so much better.

Latest

Trending

Trending