The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
35mm_

Back to the main point: yes, fundamentally, those atrocities are because of Islam. Read the Qu'ran and then you'll see where all these inspirations of violence and intolerance are rooted.

Right. So you have has read and understood the Qu'ran completely in depth as you know whats in it......I frequently visit mosque and the imam there explains us various sections from the Qu'ran......

In one of the talks he explained us that....it is quite easy to sacrifice time or money....in short you are likely to go an extra mile for your friends or family...the people you are comfortable with.....however you are not likely to do the same for some stranger or people who you are not comfortable with and this is where the real test is....we are supposed to maintain highest level of social conduct towards the people who you are not comfortable with because we know its hard...and thats the test.....on the day of judgement, social conduct will be one of the most important aspect of ones character.......

Theres a story about a sahabi (people on old days) described in one of the Hadith (Books that define how we should live our lives)....there was a muslim person (I forgot his name) living next to a non - muslim however that muslim person maintained VERY high level of social conduct towards his neigbours (regardless of their beliefs, attitude towards him or anything)....that for some reason the non - muslim had to sell his house and the market value for his house was 1000 coins however he put it up for 2000 coins and when asking him about this price he said...1000 coins for the house and 1000 coins for living with such a neighbour.....

How the hell does that stirr up 'violence' in our minds?

There are many other similar things muslims are meant to follow but if some muslims dont than dont blame the religion...blame the person.....
Oh God, I'm bored of this now.
Reply 62
gash video is gash.
knoxuk
Your ignorance disgusts me.

Why is he ignorant? Any geographer will be able to tell you a similar story - muslim birthrates are plummeting in the West, and are decreasing worldwide. The rate of immigration of Muslims into Europe is falling, too.

It is you who are ignorant for failing at comprehending statistics, not Aeolus for pointing out a truth.
Reply 64
35mm_
I'm a she; the gender symbol gives it away.

And for your information, I argue endlessly on here against the BNP. And er, I never once said "every single Muslim in the world hates homosexuals and wants to blow them up". You're more sensationalist than that video.

This is internet...that symbol means pretty much nothing.....

In your posts u are referring to Islam and how it is bad so I would assume you are reffereing to all the people who follow Islam since Islam doesnt define 1 or some people.....
Reply 65
infernalcradle
lololololololololollollol

I couldn't stop laughing at this....only americans would think up something like this....hehe

Yes, because we're all alike in the same way that all of England is a cesspool of chavs. Hi there, chav :wavey:
Reply 66
i was waiting for ashton kutcher to come out at the end of the video and sayy "ahhh we got you"
I'm really starting to think that most tolerance of Islam from non-Muslims is based in ignorance. I would like to ban anyone from discussing Islam unless they know wtf they are talking about.
Dr Rising
I think Muslims who go around slamming Christianity (and other religions) as 'corrupt' and 'vile', but then go around protesting and rioting when someone criticises Islam, have much more of an impact on the growth of the British National Party. It is perfectly understandable that many people are become more and more resentful about the fact that it is becoming increasingly impossible to be critical about Islam, because the threat of intimidation and violence is very much there.

Completely, utterly and wholly agree.
Reply 69
nolongerhearthemusic
I'm really starting to think that most tolerance of Islam from non-Muslims is based in ignorance. I would like to ban anyone from discussing Islam unless they know wtf they are talking about.

Oh, well why don't you enlighten us to our ignorance oh most enlightened and knowledgeable one. :rolleyes:
Aeolus
Oh, well why don't you enlighten us to our ignorance oh most enlightened and knowledgeable one. :rolleyes:

I already corrected your comparison between the Qur'an and the Bible. Anyone who knows anything about either of those religions would know that the comparison is stupid.

I'm not saying I know everything but this is SO basic.
Reply 71
35mm_
So? I haven't once seen you say anything about Islam. The only thing I've seen you do is insult people.

Of course I don't know what it means. I'm thick as ****.

Following a scripture word-by-word and taking it literally, in a fashion. Which means encouraging hate for homosexuals, regarding the woman as subordinate and treating non-muslims with such hostility.

Sorry, what "facts" did you present me with?

I'll respond when you can justify all this: the radical form of Sharia law includes several statutes objectionable to the West. These include:

stoning for adulterous women.

amputation for thieves.

the death sentence for homosexuality.

the death sentence for converting from Islam.

Yeah, sounds like a really fair system, especially for women :rolleyes:

Your stubborn refusal to accept any crimes and blatant violations of human rights done in the name of islam constantly throughout history and the present day (unlike any other major religion) says a lot about you and the mentality of a lot of other Muslims.

Yeah like the last thread on Islam you started and got shut down because of your utter ignorance.... right......

Everyone has already addressed all these issues but again I repeat as a professional idiot you parrot the same babble you got refuted on the first time that's why as I said, you're being purposely ignorant.
Barden
the notion that europe is going to turn muslim is one of the most ridiculous and paranoid things i've ever heard

It is far more likely than any climate change predictions.
Reply 73
netally
Yeah, and it worked out great for Benazir Bhutto.

Your point being, atleast she got elected in the first place...

and if we take your logic then all white people are racist because a white person assassinated Martin Luther King....
nolongerhearthemusic

Hmm that was certainly the case with me, I used to defend Islam until I grew up and learnt how vile it is.
Moe Lester
It is far more likely than any climate change predictions.

Not really. We have a good idea of all of the possibilities, though computational modelling, of what could happen should global warming continue at it's current rate. It's just a question of deciding which model is the most valid. Population change is pretty much impossible to predict accurately - we can make extremely generic trends and have them proved broadly right, but any kind of detail, especially on a time scale of decades or longer, is impossible to predict accurately.
Reply 76
35mm_
So, you honestly believe that the majority of Muslims are perfectly fine with gay people?

A personal experience of mine just today (every single day) confirms the contrary.

I've been brought up a muslim, although I'm nto sure what I believe.

No, I don't believe that the majority of muslims are "perfectly fine" with gay people. The majority of muslims believe that being gay is wrong, this is true. But the majority of muslims definitely wouldn't agree with killing/punishing gay people, from what i've experienced.

They basically hold the same ignorant views as a heck of a lot of non muslims do. And whilst this is still unacceptable, it's a far sight from wanting to execute gay people.
Aphotic Cosmos
Not really. We have a good idea of all of the possibilities, though computational modelling, of what could happen should global warming continue at it's current rate. It's just a question of deciding which model is the most valid. Population change is pretty much impossible to predict accurately - we can make extremely generic trends and have them proved broadly right, but any kind of detail, especially on a time scale of decades or longer, is impossible to predict accurately.

I would imagine both are disciplines with large scope for error and potential for unsubstantiated fear-mongering.
Reply 78
Moe Lester
Hmm that was certainly the case with me, I used to defend Islam until I grew up and learnt how vile it is.

How did you defend Islam if you didn't know anything about it in the first place?
Reply 79
Elipsis
saab_101

The majority of Muslims live in states where homosexuals are killed and women are treated badly. One can only assume that their states and laws are only a reflection of what the people want. Not to mention killing gays is in Sharia law, and every Muslim must want Sharia law or they aren't really a Muslim are they?

BS, there's plenty of muslims in countries like that who don't want to live under shariah law at all, the laws of a country don't always reflect what the people want at all.

And as for women being treated badly, i don't have the time to go into it right now as I have an important exam on friday to revise for, but i can provide plenty of evidence that shows that Islam isn't the reason why women are treated badly, it's the culture (particularly arab culture) that has caused this to come about. But I'll happily pm you about it next week if you wish. Although womens rights in islam are outdated, and much of the rulings were necessary 1400 years ago, but are definitely not now.

Latest

Trending

Trending