The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

raven4723
Yeah thats what i was thinking - but theres so little on it i was just wondering if you could use cultural to kind of pad it out a bit :redface: thanks!

I don't think you can use cultural...that would be a different question completely...something along the lines of 'discuss/outline and evaluate the differences between western and non-western relationships'.
Reply 21
I got my self in a right state about it all last night.. was cryin on the phone to my boyfriend.. then to my mum.. lol.. my mum and dad are good about that kinda thing and she was just like dont worry about it kinda thing, proud of you whatever and stuff and i could always resit and reapply next year.. Its not the end of the world io suppose but i do wanna go to my firm choice..
Mum just said well dont do the psych if you dont want and stuff.
Reply 22
How many UMS marks does the coursework hold??
Reply 23
bohogirlie
I don't think you can use cultural...that would be a different question completely...something along the lines of 'discuss/outline and evaluate the differences between western and non-western relationships'.

Thanks, I really hope understudied doesn't come up - I seem to know jack s*** about it!
raven4723
Sorry, cognitive develpment isn't my subject, does anyone know what the likelihood of understudied relationships appearing on the paper is? Any prophets around please????

According to my teacher not very likely to come up, especially as it came up this time last year (jan 2004). Although if you are like me (have no choice about what questions to do, i have to do 2, 3 and 5) you would be foolish not to learn it, just in case it does come up.

For relationships, attraction hasn't come up for a long time, nor has love and maintenance hasn't come up for a while. I don't like predicting questions, but if i had to i would guess that it would be one of those.
Reply 25
vicky600

Well, it's 15% of the overall grade so I think tis 90 UMS marks. How many do u need and how many do you have?
Reply 26
bohogirlie
According to my teacher not very likely to come up, especially as it came up this time last year (jan 2004). Although if you are like me (have no choice about what questions to do, i have to do 2, 3 and 5) you would be foolish not to learn it, just in case it does come up.

For relationships, attraction hasn't come up for a long time, nor has love and maintenance hasn't come up for a while. I don't like predicting questions, but if i had to i would guess that it would be one of those.

Yeah I know it is really really foolish but I've just realised how little i know! I@m gonna read over it but i don't have time, or the frame of mind, to really go in depth and I'm afraid I'm just gonna forget everything else if i concentrate on it! I have to do physiological (bio rhythms), social (relationships) and developmental (personality). I don't know the question numbers!
Reply 27
bohogirlie
Its not too difficult. What don't you know about it? It hasn't come up in a while, so it could do, but my bets are on love or formation of relationships.

It's just the studies and stuff - I've just found a revision sheet on it that I didn't know i had and its got a few studies but I have never read them.
vicky600

raven4723
Yeah I know it is really really foolish but I've just realised how little i know! I@m gonna read over it but i don't have time, or the frame of mind, to really go in depth and I'm afraid I'm just gonna forget everything else if i concentrate on it! I have to do physiological (bio rhythms), social (relationships) and developmental (personality). I don't know the question numbers!

I do biorhythms (which is question 5), relationships (question 2) and pro and anti social behaviour (question 3). I don't know what number personality is but you'll be able to find out on the AQA Website
Reply 30
raven4723
Well, it's 15% of the overall grade so I think tis 90 UMS marks. How many do u need and how many do you have?

AS: PYA 1 = 78 UMS.. PYA2 = 77 UMS.. PYA3 = 64 UMS..

219/ 300 AS = B

PYA4 = only 27 UMS.. PYA 6 = around 70 UMS as i have re submitted..

316/600 sofar = D sofar..

I have resat PYA3 , so hopefully will gain few more marks,...
It is 360/600 for a C.. so i need around 44 UMS from PYA5.. is that right???
raven4723
It's just the studies and stuff - I've just found a revision sheet on it that I didn't know i had and its got a few studies but I have never read them.

Damn, you replied before i had the chance to delete that message. I was talking about western and non-western relationships when replying to your post.

Understudied came up last year (june 2004) so its unlikely to come up this year.
Reply 32
vicky600
AS: PYA 1 = 78 UMS.. PYA2 = 77 UMS.. PYA3 = 64 UMS..

219/ 300 AS = B

PYA4 = only 27 UMS.. PYA 6 = around 70 UMS as i have re submitted..

316/600 sofar = D sofar..

I have resat PYA3 , so hopefully will gain few more marks,...
It is 360/600 for a C.. so i need around 44 UMS from PYA5.. is that right???

Looks good to me but then maths is NOT my subject. I guess I'd better go and revise understudied relationships - Good Luck everyone, hope you all do as well as you hope to! :smile:
Reply 33
bohogirlie
Damn, you replied before i had the chance to delete that message. I was talking about western and non-western relationships when replying to your post.

Understudied came up last year (june 2004) so its unlikely to come up this year.

Oh well - hope you're right! Good luck!
Yep, i'd better get back to it too! If anyone wants any help just PM me. :smile:
Wish I could do that! I'm looking at a D like last year :frown: ah well, have fun everyone, I'm only learning four modules as I know NOTHING about Language and Thought.
Reply 36
bohogirlie
I do biorhythms (which is question 5), relationships (question 2) and pro and anti social behaviour (question 3). I don't know what number personality is but you'll be able to find out on the AQA Website

Snap im doing the same ones.

I have socio tomorrow aswell PM :frown:
Reply 37
Why do you always think that a day of revision before the exam is a good idea?! :eek: 3 hours now and am finishing summary pages for sleep - still have pro/anti social and most of social/personality development to do! Was planning to do lots of essay plans but doesn't look like there will be enough time. We studied determinants of animal behaviour but I skipped loads of those lessons and don't have time to learn it now. Just will have no choice of q's tomorrow. But need a B! Good luck revising everybody.
Reply 38
hey u no this year in exams AO1 and AO2 are balanced rite, AO1 is clearly just describing the studies,theories etc but AO2 is criticisng them rite with stuff like ethical issues, biases, limitations of the studies rite, thats how we use AO2 isnt it? someone help pls
Reply 39
*tasha*
hey u no this year in exams AO1 and AO2 are balanced rite, AO1 is clearly just describing the studies,theories etc but AO2 is criticisng them rite with stuff like ethical issues, biases, limitations of the studies rite, thats how we use AO2 isnt it? someone help pls

sounds like you've got it - using other studies as criticisms and commenntary on points is AO2 as well - I personally think it's easier to do AO2 than AO1!

Latest

Trending

Trending