The Student Room Group

How long will Scotland endure London’s harassment?

How long will Scotland endure London’s harassment? It’s the right time to stop it! We have oil, we have land and people ready to live independently from Kingdom. Moreover we have perfect economical program of development able to guarantee feeding up of the nation and providing EU with our oil and fish on top of that.
I hate it when our soldiers are sent to death to the Near East, Central Asia and other ……to the glory of Brown and London! We don’t need those nutty wars! And those were not Scots who turned London into the new Mecca! I suppose that Scotland mustn’t share the disgrace of London’s nutty home and foreign policy. Pretty fed up with it and ……Bye now! We are getting out, Scotland wants independence! The time has come!

Scroll to see replies

Funny that your coutnrymen still don't agree with you that secession is the best course of action.
Reply 2
Speak for yourself. :erm:
dreamer09
How long will Scotland endure London’s harassment? It’s the right time to stop it! We have oil, we have land and people ready to live independently from Kingdom. Moreover we have perfect economical program of development able to guarantee feeding up of the nation and providing EU with our oil and fish on top of that.
I hate it when our soldiers are sent to death to the Near East, Central Asia and other ……to the glory of Brown and London! We don’t need those nutty wars! And those were not Scots who turned London into the new Mecca! I suppose that Scotland mustn’t share the disgrace of London’s nutty home and foreign policy. Pretty fed up with it and ……Bye now! We are getting out, Scotland wants independence! The time has come!

Good riddance. You are a drain on the rest of us. Take Gordon Brown back while you are at it.
Reply 4
Wow.... really? This is about as smart as Texas leaving the union, sure we might be able to do it but in the end it's not worth the trouble
dreamer09
Moreover we have perfect economical program of development

Did you even see the proposed Scottish budget for next year? I know it isn't final, but it's not exactly fantastic.

Andyou gotta understand, even if Scotland could easily survive on it's own, there wouldn't be much benefit from it would there? We are probably always going to be part of the UK.
Reply 6
If Parliament was in Edinburgh you think anything would be any different? London is home to the parliament of the whole of the UK and is not just there to belittle Scots, the Scots got the English crown and the PM is Scottish.
Reply 7
Scotland has very little oil left :smile:.
Reply 8
dreamer09

First off take scotland, we english are financing you, we are 8-1 to scotish people yet i bet more than 20% of taxes goes to scotland.

Not only that but are you a nutter?

The oil is owned by a company, not a country duh!

So you don't have oil and without us you will have hardly any money.

Not only that but the majority of scots especially the educated ones don't want to be independant.

Scotland on its own wouldn't even be a big fish in a small pond.
Reply 9
Turdburger
Good riddance. You are a drain on the rest of us. Take Gordon Brown back while you are at it.

There's a world of a difference between normal Scots and Scots like him - 'little Scotlanders' if you will.
Renner
If Parliament was in Edinburgh you think anything would be any different? London is home to the parliament of the whole of the UK and is not just there to belittle Scots, the Scots got the English crown and the PM is Scottish.

exactly, stop worrying about what the english say about 'conquering' us scots.......in terms of who 'rules' who its the other way around, and has been for centuries...
QwentyJ
There's a world of a difference between normal Scots and Scots like him - 'little Scotlanders' if you will.

Yes sorry. Take the you in my original post as a personal rather than plural you. :smile:
Turdburger

I couldn't have put it any better.
Turdburger

I take it you are a Tory?
Chillaxer
I take it you are a Tory?

Im libertarian, small c conservative .
Turdburger
Im libertarian, small c conservative .

I would have considered thinking of myself that way politically. However,
don't be fooled into thinking the Tories will ever be a big 'Liberty' party-they say that **** as they are going for Labour on civil liberties...but they won't really be that way on the security/liberty issue-tbh the only party that is Libetarian is the Lib Dems, but they can't be taken seriously.
Maybe because the majority of the people in Scotland don't agree with you.
Chillaxer
I would have considered thinking of myself that way politically. However,
don't be fooled into thinking the Tories will ever be a big 'Liberty' party-they say that **** as they are going for Labour on civil liberties...but they won't really be that way on the security/liberty issue-tbh the only party that is Libetarian is the Lib Dems, but they can't be taken seriously.

Yeah, no political party (of significant stature) is totally along my line of thinking. Perhaps some Lib Dems are Left-Libertarians, but I consider myself an economically conservative Liberatarian, so even there, there isnt so much in common.
Turdburger
Yeah, no political party (of significant stature) is totally along my line of thinking. Perhaps some Lib Dems are Left-Libertarians, but I consider myself an economically conservative Liberatarian, so even there, there isnt so much in common.

I agree broadly. I think indpendence...welll, I'm neutral on it really, it might be interesting to see what occirs with Wales and NI/Ireland too, and whether we get a Lab/Lib coalition, if England is independent then the Tories may be too strong for Labour, as they get much support in Wales and Scotland.
Reply 19
I love Scotland because it has Scottish boys=]

Latest

Trending

Trending