Reply 2
I did Lord Of The Flies in English Litreture last year
Reply 3
Mist786
I did Lord Of The Flies in English Litreture last year

what did you get for english ?
I am so terrible at english please help me
Reply 4
Do both, but if you have to pick just one, pick the one you have most to write about. But if I were I'd do both, because its a general question. The question asks for Golding's revelations of ALL the themes, not just one.
Reply 5
stefany-a
what did you get for english ?
I am so terrible at english please help me

I got A
Reply 6
dymphna
Do both, but if you have to pick just one, pick the one you have most to write about. But if I were I'd do both, because its a general question. The question asks for Golding's revelations of ALL the themes, not just one.

yeah I think I might write both but I don't have much to write about the the theme of destruction exposed by the setting, apart from the plane crash
Reply 7
Mist786
I got A

well done :smile:
Reply 8
stefany-a
yeah I think I might write both but I don't have much to write about the the theme of destruction exposed by the setting, apart from the plane crash

Exactly why you write about other themes as well :smile:
Reply 9
thanks for reducing my stress levels hahah
I did Lord of the flies last year too! I would write about both themes :smile:
Reply 11
stefany-a
well done :smile:

Reply 12
I didn't do the higher, but for GCSE English literature, so i'm not sure if I'd be of total help but anyways, here I goes! xD

How does Golding reveal aspect of theme through setting at the start of the novel ?
Well, it doesn't say you have to talk about any aspect of the theme, doesn't it? Therefore, I think it'd be a good idea to explore different ones(but focus mainly on the strong ones).
It's been qutie a while since I've done it but I'd recommend to focus on:

---war(e.g. the plane carrying the children at the start was shot off by the enemy; the "real world" is at war; the fact that trees are "entangled" together, some bare fruits while others fail to even reach the sunlight suggest the "war" of survival within the plants and etc...And also, didn't Ralph hear a bird's cry ro something? What do you think the significance of that is? :wink:)

---innate and learnt ways of life, civilisation/law(i.e. the shell and the fire) (you can potentially link it to war really). The most clear one is talking about how the children were still "cilvilised" at the beginning and talk about this significance as you contrast it to the bleak ending.

---morality, religion, anarchy and etc. Think about the contrasts in the themes. ^_~

There are endless themes to discuss about but the main thing to bear in mind is that you need to describe the effect of what you've said, may be contrast it with what happened later in the book or reflect it upon their current situation or extrapolate from you've learnt from the beginning.
...and remember PEE! (point, evidence, explanation!). =)

I hope that helps. =)

Latest

Trending

Trending