The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

"99% of American parents should be placed on sex offender registries, because they photograph their unclothed children."

Yes, well, I think that's the goal.

I liked the comment at the end of the article....
Reply 2
I wanna see the photos....

*I kid.
Reply 3

If i was the mother i would have killed the woman at the photo shop with my bare hands:yep:
Reply 4
"But that didn't stop the police and "child protective services." The Demarees had their children seized and placed in foster care for a month. The parents' names were placed on the state's sex offender registry. Lisa was suspended from her school job for a year. They spent $75,000 in attorney's fees to get their children back."

Seriously WTF!? :lolwut:
Reply 5
God knows how many videos my parents made of me in the bath when i was a little kid!

:erm:
Reply 6
Nothing surprises me anymore. We recently had a guy contact us at www.CandaCourtWatch.com who was arrested and I believe spent time in jail for assaulting his wife with a weapon. Brace yourself. Here it comes. it was a lethal sock. Yes a SOCK that was thrown at his wife!

:awesome:
Reply 7
perhaps slightly off topic but i don't see why parents photograph their children in the bath anyway. it's not that i don't agree with it or find it offensive, i just...don't get it.
Reply 8
But what if these pictures had been taken for other reasons, the police had known about them and done nothing about it? Social services (or the American equivalent)can't win - they take a child away and they get this kind of story, or they leave a child with it's parents and get a Baby P style story. In this case it does seem like on over-reaction, but then the source isn't exactly objective. All I'm trying to say is that it's very difficult to determine what to do when a child's safety is at risk and maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Reply 9
lol. wut.

:indiff:

Nice to know we're all safe now....
Yet another example of the yanks policing by the letter of the law, as opposed to using a tiny bit of common sense... :rolleyes:
Reply 11
:lolwut:
ArtGoblin
But what if these pictures had been taken for other reasons, the police had known about them and done nothing about it? Social services (or the American equivalent)can't win - they take a child away and they get this kind of story, or they leave a child with it's parents and get a Baby P style story. In this case it does seem like on over-reaction, but then the source isn't exactly objective. All I'm trying to say is that it's very difficult to determine what to do when a child's safety is at risk and maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge.

The source within the source is objective! It even has one of the pictures, and you can see how innocent it really was.

mikeyd85
Yet another example of the yanks policing by the letter of the law, as opposed to using a tiny bit of common sense... :rolleyes:

Ironic sarcasm, right?
Lollyage
God knows how many videos my parents made of me in the bath when i was a little kid!

my mum has a photo of me naked in the bath when i was like..6 months old on her fb profile lol
My mam has loads of them she got great satisfaction showing them to everyone at my 18th. I mean come on if they had been explicit the perp would have been printing them at home!!!
katieclick
perhaps slightly off topic but i don't see why parents photograph their children in the bath anyway. it's not that i don't agree with it or find it offensive, i just...don't get it.

because a child splashing around in bubbles playing with bath-toys etc. is cute. It's children having fun.

I've got loads of my daughter having fun in the bath. It's no different to me having photos of her playing anywhere else. There's nothing perverted about it.
Reply 16
mikeyd85

I find it hard to understand how you can sit up on a high horse about common sense, when only last week two British mothers (who were also policewomen) were stopped from looking after each others kids while they worked shifts because neither of them were qualified childminders....
Reply 17
I hope they sue the **** out of Wal-Mart.
Reply 18
Lollyage

God knows everything.... :woo:
Reply 19
thats messed up.

Latest

Trending

Trending