The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

andyukguy
I didn't mean poor as in monetary wealth.

Andrew

ok......then why arnt africans poor in a sypathetic way?
Reply 81
Here is Bob in his boat, what a pathetic man he really is.
Reply 82
The Basilisk
He's so beautiful and lovely and clever.......

Well, so am I. :biggrin:
Reply 83
material breach
why? because you live here?

because its logical to want to improve your life isnt it? should i have to accept the status quo because i happen to be better off than most? i think thats stupid. i'd rather aspire to be better for myself and my people.

is it wrong i want a better country here for myself and my friends and family?
Howard
Ahhhh.....so it's only the enlightened student types like you that have opinions worth speaking of. Everybody who doesn't agree is an illiterate git.:rolleyes:

Hey, you're the one who is pin pointing the type of people who agree with you- Builders! Down at the Ol' pub. I think students would agree with me.
LC01
What have you done recently to help anyone in Africa might I ask? Or do you think that the people of Africa are doing fine as they are?
Reply 86
The Basilisk
Hey, you're the one who is pin pointing the type of people who agree with you- Builders! Down at the Ol' pub. I think students would agree with me.

No. I'm just pointing out that this isn't a nationwide craze. It only attracts a fairly small section of society.
Reply 87
LC01

i tend to prefer...
technik
whos illiterate?

The type of people who are british nationalists and wear british flag boxers and hate foreigners.
technik
because its logical to want to improve your life isnt it? should i have to accept the status quo because i happen to be better off than most? i think thats stupid. i'd rather aspire to be better for myself and my people.

Your people?

Surely its better to want a better world for everyone rather than a select group choosen for purely geographical reasoning? That strikes me as rather selfish. Has it not also occured to you that the fate of the west if linked to that of the rest of the world and problems like AIDS, originated for them as if Africa was in a better state "we" wouldn't have such problems now.
Reply 90
The Basilisk

im a student. i think you're talking crap.
Reply 91
The Basilisk
The type of people who are british nationalists and wear british flag boxers and hate foreigners.

wearing british flag boxers means you cant read or write?

have you been using illegal substances in the last few hours?
Reply 92
technik

I disagree. I was going to buy some venetian blinds for my house the other day (because mine are worn) but as I was leaving for Home Depot to my horror I noticed that my neigbors didn't have any venetian blinds at all.

So, instead of improving the look of my own windows I bought a complete set for my neigbors house and installed them for free.

What could be more natural than that? :rolleyes:
Reply 93
material breach
Your people?

Surely its better to want a better world for everyone rather than a select group choosen for purely geographical reasoning? That strikes me as rather selfish. Has it not also occured to you that the fate of the west if linked to that of the rest of the world and problems like AIDS, originated for them as if Africa was in a better state "we" wouldn't have such problems now.

yes, the british people. call it selfish if you like. it probably is. i cant remember the last time any african country donated cash or resources to the UK though...
Howard
You don't have to go as far as Africa to see that. I do believe you btw; I'm no stranger to third world poverty.

I just feel obliged to do something. The Lord has given me a fantastic life and I owe it to the rest of his unfortunate people to do something. It doesn't help when your fool of a mother won't let you go on the protest march in Edinburgh.
Howard
I disagree. I was going to buy some venetian blinds for my house the other day (because mine are worn) but as I was leaving for Home Depot to my horror I noticed that my neigbors didn't have any venetian blinds at all.

So, instead of improving the look of my own windows I bought a complete set for my neigbors house and installed them for free.

What could be more natural than that? :rolleyes:
What a bad analogy.
technik
yes, the british people. call it selfish if you like. it probably is. i cant remember the last time any african country donated cash or resources to the UK though...
Yeah its kinda hard to donate it when its being plundered off you isn't it. Think about how many slaves went to America and how much profit that generated for British merchants.
Reply 97
The Basilisk
I just feel obliged to do something. The Lord has given me a fantastic life and I owe it to the rest of his unfortunate people to do something. It doesn't help when your fool of a mother won't let you go on the protest march in Edinburgh.

I hope you're talking to me in the subjunctive. My mother doesn't really tell me what I can do at weekends anymore.
Reply 98
The Basilisk

do something useful then, go and work for the day and pay some tax into the coffers for this nation. dont be a prick causing a racket in edinburgh. no doubt it'll piss off countless drivers. also, just think of the pollution you'll cause travelling there...

at any rate, whats standing in the middle of edinburgh (no doubt getting your balls frozen off in some rain storm) going to do to make a difference to anything?
Reply 99
The Basilisk

He's given you a fantastic life, and he's chosen to give Africans a bad one. Don't you think you'll upset him by trying to change the path he has already chosen for these Africans?

Religion is such a joke!!

Andrew

Latest

Trending

Trending