The Student Room Group

I've never been trick or treating. Have you?

I really want to go to America for two weeks- first week for cheerleading, second week for trick or treating.

So has anyone ever been? is it fun? ;D I'm 15...and I feel like I've missed out :P Tho I don't really know anyone to go trick or treating with & i dont exactly live in a city where loads of stuff goes on.

do people actually give you sweets? ..i never have any sweets to give!!

Scroll to see replies

Go trick or treating in America. Get mowed down by a Mac 10,
I did in some past life.
Yeah, only as a toddler, sheet over my head being a ghost, carried by my dad because i tripped over the sheet and it was dark :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yeah, I went trick or treating as a kid (around 7-11'ish) with all the kids on the street. It all depends on the neighbourhood though I think. Like mine at that age was a really friendly one, all the people in the houses would 'happily' open the doors for some sweets to give us; as we didn't have a bunch of 17 year old chavs walking about with eggs, saying trick or treat whilst wielding a knife as their costume. It should be fine though, you get a lot of sweets lol, though I would suggest not eating the ones that are homemade or weird looking, only eat the branded ones in wrappers. I remember this flapjack my mate once ate, and when their parent saw it they understood why the kid had diarrhoea for a few days :tongue:
Not recently. Aren't you a bit old for that?
I've never been, not even as a kid :frown:
yes

years ago

before I was 12
No, but I do get fed up when they flour the driveway.

Wallpaper paste dropped from above seems to do the trick. They will not get that **** out, I assure you. Especially if you chase it will a little treacle and then put an onion in it to soak. Stink the little bastards to sodomy.
Reply 9
I did a similar thing - it's known as guising up here in Jockland. We'd go around the houses of the street, and be expected to tell a joke, sing a song or something equally **** in exchange for sweets, money and the much-hated fruit.

It was only in a small area in a village, and of course the parents all knew each other. I think it was as much an opportunity for them to have a chat as it was for us to get free grub.

I just buy my own sweets now.
Reply 10
No, but I would flour peoples driveways.
Reply 11
I did but it was in Pakistan.

I said 'trick or treat' and they replied 'sorry we have run out of goats'

:emo:
No. I always wanted to as I child as well.

I remember when I was small that we used to give change to children when they trick or treat as I was told they used the money to save up for bonfire night? Anyone can confirm or deny this?
Reply 13
Twice :smile:
Was 11 and 12 at the time :unsure:
I went last year for the first time ever, just a bit of fun and we weren't doing it properly. Was going so well until we accidentally ended up ringing my history teacher's door :emo:
Reply 16
18 and never either, never taken as a child and never bothered as a teenager, still not bothered, my chocolate is from LIDL, cheap enough no need to go begging :tongue:
Not for about 8 years.
Reply 18
Nope, never. Mainly because the estate i used to live on was probably one of the roughest estates in the South of England, and you'd most likely get mugged for your outfit & sweets straight after you got them/walked out the door. :o:
I'll be going this year with my little sisters. I love the excuse to dress up :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending