The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah, but I tricked 'em whether they gave me a treat or not.

And if they didn't answer the door I put a brick through their windows.
Reply 41
I went til I was 15ish :biggrin: :laugh: then the parties began :cool: I'm feeling maybe dead pirate this year...
No, my parents said it was for beggars but I was allowed to give sweets
Nope. Never. :sad:
Reply 44
Nope, and it can stay over their. Load of Yank ********.
Detonate
I really want to go to America for two weeks- first week for cheerleading, second week for trick or treating.

So has anyone ever been? is it fun? ;D I'm 15...and I feel like I've missed out :P Tho I don't really know anyone to go trick or treating with & i dont exactly live in a city where loads of stuff goes on.

do people actually give you sweets? ..i never have any sweets to give!!

Do you drive? Cos you're gonna need a car to go trick r treating in the states, such thing as a pavement does not exist in anywhere but a city. It really depends on the state and the region, places just usually leave a bucket out with candy in it.

Cheerleading is mainly done for american football teams at high schools, so I guess go watch a game or apply to a Cheer Camp somewhere in the summer.

Growing up I did go T/T'n in the rural suburb of London I'm from, I'd say about 1/10 people actually bothered to answer their doors... the more people I meet I am still the only person I know that ever did it.
Reply 46
Nope, never. a) Christian and African parents b) Grew up in Peckham :shifty:
Reply 47
No, my parents wouldn't let me, not that I had a burning desire to go anyway.
Reply 48
Ah, Trick or Treating.
I remember getting a dusty white sheet, cutting holes for the eyes and drawing a face on it. Good stuff.

Every kid should experience Trick or Treating!
Reply 49
I went once but my parents didn't agree with it. Every halloween they'd have a wee party in the house for me and my sister. We'd have all the traditional games and they'd buy us loads of sweets :p:
EskimoJo
Nope, never. a) Christian and African parents b) Grew up in Peckham :shifty:

Eh? Are Africans known to be againist trick or treating or something?

Seems a bit ironic when they accept billions from the IMF, World Bank and European/Asian aid, but refuse to ask for some chocolate?

Meh.
Reply 51
yeah i have
once, when i was about 9, this man who looked like a child molester answered the door and gave me and my friend a half chewed gummy hand with fluff and hairs on where it had been bitten
*shudder*
No, mostly spent my trick and treating in the 90's.
Reply 53
something.1990
Eh? Are Africans known to be againist trick or treating or something?

Seems a bit ironic when they accept billions from the IMF, World Bank and European/Asian aid, but refuse to ask for some chocolate?

Meh.

Great first post. :shifty: All the Africans I knew growing up would not have had their kids dressing up as witches and demons or 'celebrating evil spirits'.
Reply 54
I went quite a few times when I was little, did my fair share of egging to the fruit-givers heh.
Reply 55
Yeah i did when i was younger probably about 7-13
Yeah and it was bloody fantastic...scaring the ***** out of everybody with my choice of ghastly masks every year..they were hideous. Im surprised i didnt give anyone a heart attack with them
Hell yeah!
I remember once I had a squirt gun left from the summer. Then when I knocked on one guy's house he went 'trick!', and I squirted him in the face with ice cold water :proud:

Latest

Trending

Trending