The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eugh. Bloody postmen.

I live in a block of flats so we have two different postmen. The one who delivers the letters is lovely but the guy with the parcels is dreadful. He always complains about having to climb the stairs etc and there have been several occasions where he's left a 'you were out' card dated a few days previous to the day I receive it. It's so annoying. Sometimes when I ask to have it redelivered on a certain day they don't show up that day either.

Royal Mail :nn:
Reply 81
dude55
For people who do order alot its bloody annoying, if you pay for delivery you expect it to be delivered, not to have to go and collect it

Actually fair point tbh :yes:

Doesnt effect me because my uncle is a post man ><
Reply 82
i'm still waiting for my ******* oyster card...
Arghh My Parents were in today and they chucked this letter in, this wait for FIFA 10 is endless :frown:
The habit of post people leaving these cards is fury inducing - I've had them left several times when either I've been in or someone else has been.

More infuriating than the cards however, are recorded delivery items that are not signed for because the post person hasn't been bothered to knock on the door. When you shell out for a certain level of service, it's theft when you don't get it...and forgery when they scrawl a signature so they can pretend that they have had an item signed for (that postman got into a lot of trouble for that one...my father was not amused).
L i b
Happened to me a few times. The most irritating was when I was in the living room of my flat, I heard the letter box rattle, saw the card, pulled on my shoes and coat, saw the man - not the usual postman - come out of the flat and climb into his van.

I thought he'd gone, but he stopped about 200 yards down the road. So I spinted along - it was a fairly important book I needed for revision, you see - and caught up with him. He then lied, suggested it must have been the usual foot-postman who did it and wasn't willing to do anything to rectify the situation.

I then phoned up the central office, gave them a **********, and the guy turned up a few hours with the parcel and a scowl on his face.

Nice one!
:yes:
Christian_j
Our postman doesn't turn up until 3pm!!

Until last year every postie we had had the post through the door at 8am.

wow aren't you lucky... when I was in southampton my mail never turned up till 8pm.
I think someone should go about setting up a new mail delivery system which actually does knock at peoples door for prcels and also delivers mail on time and in good condition... The amount of times have sent cards to family... only to have them call me and tell me that the card had been ripped :|
I would understand postie being alte if there was a shortage of postie's but they rarely advertise for staff and so on. so really they are bringing it on themselves
You WERE out.

Please don't create threads if you can't spell the titles properly. I spent at least half a minute trying to work out what on earth the thread could be about...
*shrugs*
My postman is always here well before 9am, come rain or shine, in his shorts, on his bike. Mad man. Never had one of those cards through the door, as even if we were out they just leave it in the usual place...
We have had so much stuff go missing and never been delivered. The stuff we know about is birthday cards/moving in cards - many of them also have vouchers (or similar inside).

Yet other (more obviously valuable) things such as gig tickets always seem to turn up.

You try and contact royal mail about it and they don't want to know and are extremely unhelpful. They want to know exactly when and where it was posted etc etc when quite often the person who sent it to us can't remember this.

We've never had a problem with the 'you were out' cards though and normally our post comes before 9am... however god knows what else has gone missing that we don't know about.
Reply 92
hothedgehog
my postman never makes us sign for any signed post. One day i'm going to get him in such **** when he doesn't make us sign for gig tickets or something.

what does it matter to you not signing - you signing for it is to protect the royal mail so they can say you have received it. if they dont get you to sign for it claim it never arrived and get double
Reply 93
Where my Dad lives we get post around 9am, and if we aren't in the postman leaves anything that won't fit through the letter box in one of the outbuildings. It's quite rural so anything left there is safe. The postman is really nice and friendly. However I've also had bad experiences, my Mum doesn't receive her post until mid afternoon and some things take days to arrive even when sent by first class post.

I recently took my little brother to the sorting office. The postman hadn't delivered a birthday card because the sender had put a normal first class stamp on it instead of a large letter stamp. So my brother had to pay the difference in postage (8p I think) plus a £1 fee. Surely they could have just delivered it as if it was a 2nd class letter because a first class stamp costs more than a 2nd class stamp for a large letter (I'm pretty sure it does anyway, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong). Oh and then he needed to show ID so he could pick up the letter, it was his 13th birthday so he didn't have anything on the list (passport was in the process of being renewed), eventually they saw sense and gave him his birthday card.

As far as sending post goes, about a year ago my Mum sent me three parcels, 2 on one day and the third a week later. It took two weeks for the third parcel to arrive, one of the first two arrived a few days after that and one never turned up at all.
Reply 94
Undiscovery
You WERE out.

Please don't create threads if you can't spell the titles properly. I spent at least half a minute trying to work out what on earth the thread could be about...

:rolleyes: Sorry we don't all have an A* in English you know :mad:

Also if it took you "at least half a minute trying to work out what on earth the thread could be about" then you shoudent realy be moaning in the first place; you clearly have a mental disability.
Reply 95
Just an update;

Royal Mail have voted yes to the national walk out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8296660.stm

Makes me ***** sick, At this point it really does deserve them right if the RM goes bust :mad:, which it will anyway if they have a walkout.

I wish the goverment would step in and FIRE the lot of them! Get them replaced with the millions who don't have a job and would be grateful to then have a job.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I think that some of you dont realise how hard postman/women work . They work incredibly hard. They are under intense pressure from their unions to strike. Most posties in my dads work do not want to strike. It is the heads of Royal Mail that want to strike. They are putting too much expectation on the postman/woman. This is what is causing the strike action and the anger .
Reply 97
charmed1309
I think that some of you dont realise how hard postman/women work . They work incredibly hard. They are under intense pressure from their unions to strike. Most posties in my dads work do not want to strike. It is the heads of Royal Mail that want to strike. They are putting too much expectation on the postman/woman. This is what is causing the strike action and the anger .

If they dont like it they should leave not strike, all these strikes over the last few months have made the public angry and loose all simpahty for posties, now that their going ahead with the National Walk out people are just going to stop using Royal Mail altogether at there busiest time (christmas) - its these striking workes/unions fault that the Royal Mail is going to go bust/be privatised. :mad:
miranda13
seeing as you can't deliver before 7am how do you expect everything to be done in an hour?

But WHY can't you deliver at 7am? Why can't the system be changed? Why does it have to occur whilst everyone else is busy.
Welsh_insomniac
But WHY can't you deliver at 7am? Why can't the system be changed? Why does it have to occur whilst everyone else is busy.

because people complain when the post comes to early and wakes them up. never happy...

Latest

Trending

Trending