Rucy :mmm:

:zomg: he has pink hair!
Reply 2
vin
Rucy :mmm:

:zomg: he has pink hair!

It's not Aya Hirano's fault that she can't pronounce her Ls. :no: :tongue:

Full VA/seiyuu cast:

This year's 36th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine will announce the voice cast for the television anime adaptation of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga next Wednesday.

Natsu: Tetsuya Kakihara
Lucy: Aya Hirano
Happy: Rie Kugimiya
Gray: Yuuichi Nakamura
Erza: Sayaka Ohara

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-01/fairy-tail-anime-voice-cast-listed-in-shonen-magazine
Reply 3
Matisse
It's not Aya Hirano's fault that she can't pronounce her Ls. :no: :tongue:

Full VA/seiyuu cast:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-01/fairy-tail-anime-voice-cast-listed-in-shonen-magazine

oh its her :shock: well she should :huff: If the characters name didnt begin with L it wouldnt matter :giggle: why does he have pink hair :s:
Reply 4
vin
why does he have pink hair :s:

Not sure. Admittedly, it took me a while to adjust to the character design, given the differences to its manga counterpart. I like it, but it does seem more, um, how can I say? Childlike? :p:

Here are some magazine scans:

Spoiler

lol naked guy :mmm:

hmm not really my thing but im gona give it a go, the plot sounds pretty cool :beard:
Reply 6
Matisse
Not sure. Admittedly, it took me a while to adjust to the character design, given the differences to its manga counterpart. I like it, but it does seem more, um, how can I say? Childlike? :p:

Spoiler

boobs:teeth:

looks good :smile:
Reply 7
For those unaware of what Fairy Tail is, I wrote this paragraph before I decided to have some fun with the opening post, which is more informative:

This thread is for the discussion of the highly popular anime and manga series Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima. The manga has been serialised in Weekly Shōnen Magazine since August 23, 2006, and is still on-going. It has won Best Shōnen Manga in the Kodansha Manga Award and Best Comedy Manga in the SPJA in 2009. About.com's Deb Aoki lists Fairy Tail as the best shōnen manga of 2008. An anime adaptation, produced by A-1 Pictures and Satelight, is expected to be released in Japan on October 12, 2009.

It's a long-running series, similar to Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, for those familiar with those titles. :smile:
Reply 8
Matisse

Spoiler

The character designs look pretty good :smile: The cat looks like it could be a good comedy character (although I've only seen a fairly random 30sec clip :p: )...does it play an active role or is it a random add in like the bat in Rosario + Vampire?
Reply 9
Can't wait for this :biggrin:

Looks pretty good
Reply 10
Blue cat is Happy - he's a main character :yes:

Definately looking forward to this, I've been following the manga for quite a while - its great fun :yep: Character designs also took me a while to get used to, and I'm expecting it will take a while to get used to the seiyuu that have been cast too - but think this will be a fun series :yeah:

I've added the link to this thread to the 1st post of the AniSoc main thread too :yep:
Reply 11
skipp
The character designs look pretty good :smile: The cat looks like it could be a good comedy character (although I've only seen a fairly random 30sec clip :p: )...does it play an active role or is it a random add in like the bat in Rosario + Vampire?

The cat is called 'Happy' and he does have an active role, one of the main characters in fact. :biggrin:

Andylol
Can't wait for this :biggrin:

Looks pretty good

I'm looking forward to it. Here's to hoping it'll give justice to its manga counterpart. :smile:

Here is the teaser (which is linked in the opening post):

Reply 12
Matisse
The cat is called 'Happy' and he does have an active role, one of the main characters in fact. :biggrin:

caraniel

definitely looking forward to this, I've been following the manga for quite a while - its great fun :yep: Character designs also took me a while to get used to, and I'm expecting it will take a while to get used to the seiyuu that have been cast too - but think this will be a fun series :yeah:

I've added the link to this thread to the 1st post of the AniSoc main thread too :yep:

Thank you both :yes: I look forward to the series...and finding out about happy the cat :smile:
Reply 13
caraniel

definitely looking forward to this, I've been following the manga for quite a while - its great fun :yep: Character designs also took me a while to get used to, and I'm expecting it will take a while to get used to the seiyuu that have been cast too - but think this will be a fun series :yeah:

Likewise, I've been following the manga since it first started, but postponed it around chapter 105. I was contemplating picking it up again before the anime series aired, but figured I'd just watch the anime series instead. In a way, not knowing what's going to happen after a certain point will be refreshing. :smile:

skipp
Thank you both :yes: I look forward to the series...and finding out about happy the cat :smile:

Mentioning the bat from Rosario + Vampire made me laugh. I have yet to finish the second season of that series. :giggle:
Reply 14
Matisse
Likewise, I've been following the manga since it first started, but postponed it around chapter 105. I was contemplating picking it up again before the anime season aired, but figured I'd just watch the anime series instead. In a way, not knowing what's going to happen after a certain point will be refreshing. :smile:

Mentioning the bat from Rosario + Vampire made me laugh. I have yet to finish the second season of that series. :giggle:

Yes :giggle: I've only seen a little of the anime but they gave it an appropriately funny voice, it was very good! I liked it's random appearances in the manga too...it was a very funny little character
Reply 15
skipp
Yes :giggle: I've only seen a little of the anime but they gave it an appropriately funny voice, it was very good! I liked it's random appearances in the manga too...it was a very funny little character

I agree, it made what would otherwise be a fairly generic ecchi romance somewhat original. Using it to sensor naughty angles was ridiculous, but amusing. :tongue:

But yeah, Happy doesn't serve the same role, or at least, I hope not. :erm: :tongue:
Wow this looks cool =D haven't read the manga yet though...
Reply 17
Firstly Happy is awesome :grin: nothing can beat a talking blue cat :giggle:

Though I find the anime art for Ezra a bit weird, I rather how she looks in the manga for some reason she just looks a bit to young with the anime stuff.

Well any way I have been reading the manga and I am looking forward to the anime though on a small note to the latests Fairy Tail manga chapter.

Spoiler

Reply 18
Matisse

I'm looking forward to it. Here's to hoping it'll give justice to its manga counterpart. :smile:

Here is the teaser (which is linked in the opening post):

:mmm:"Rucy"

Oh is this thread gonna contain manga discussion?:hmpf:
Reply 19
vin
:mmm:"Rucy"

Oh is this thread gonna contain manga discussion?:hmpf:

Unfortunately (I can tell you're not happy with this?), this is highly likely, given that the manga has been on-going for a while now. Regarding members place manga discussion within spoiler tags, clearly identifying as such, it shouldn't be an issue. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest