The Student Room Group

Fairy Tail Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Episode 5 and 6 marked the introduction of Erza, the overpowered queen of the Fairy Tail guild. Her character design is rather cute and her transformation in episode 6 was reminiscent of something you'd see in Saint Seiya, but it was a joy to watch. Strangely, she became a lot more voluptuous too. :giggle: - Gray also had the opportunity to shine with his ice magic, with a hint that his rivalry with Natsu is a facade of sorts, and that they do genuinely care for each other, despite their opposing magic. Next episode will probably have the same amount of action as episode 6, so I'm looking forward to seeing more. :smile:
Reply 41
Getting used to the style of the anime now - now liking the use of magic circles (not present in the manga) when depicting magic use......wasnt sure about that at the start. The transformation sequence for Erza and Lucy's Gate opening sequences still feel a bit mahou shoujo, but whatever.

I do like this Lullaby arc, it lays the groundwork for the team dynamics between Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy and Happy really well and has some pretty nice battles too :yes:
Reply 42
Happy:emog: Rucy:mad:
Reply 43
Erza's Black wing armor:beard: when she transforms she pretty much has all her vital organs unprotected:wtf: ...though this is normal for an armored girl in a fantasy setting:erm:
Reply 44
Erza doesnt require full armour - strangely the less armour she has the stronger she is! :awesome: The Laws of Fanservice are strange :iiam:
Reply 45
Oh? This is turning into an anime/series or whatever you call it ><. I`ve been reading the manga for some time now, its pretty awesome.
Reply 46
One thing I've come to like a lot from this series is its straightforward humour, which is supplemented by liking all of the character cast. It's quite commonplace to dislike one character at least, but in Fairy Tail, I can't help but find all of them really cute. Lucy, in particular, is adorable. At first, I did find her somewhat annoying, largely in account of Aya Hirano's voice acting, but this has slowly developed into an odd fondness. Anyway, I liked Natsu's determination in this episode too. :giggle:

maskedwo1f
Oh? This is turning into an anime/series or whatever you call it ><. I`ve been reading the manga for some time now, its pretty awesome.

Yup, the anime adaptation started this past October and is currently on episode 9, which is around chapter 22, I believe. :smile:
Reply 47
New OP as of ep 12..........its awful :sigh: Why have they picked such awful cheesey music for the OP & ED (the 1st OP wasnt awful, but wasnt great either :s-smilie:), also hello spoilers!? - why you do this!?
Reply 48
caraniel
New OP as of ep 12..........its awful :sigh: Why have they picked such awful cheesey music for the OP & ED (the 1st OP wasnt awful, but wasnt great either :s-smilie:), also hello spoilers!? - why you do this!?

:zomg:when will it be safe to watch this OP?:s:
Reply 49
Well it only spoils one character really, he appears in the next major arc which the OP hints at.......he's in the ED too (which is also new, done in the same chibi animation as the 1st ED - but thankfully has a better song than that awful sugary crap the 1st ED consisted of).
Reply 50
Spoilers for Ep12.

Spoiler

or

Spoiler

Open one!
Reply 51
what the hell is with this OP :eek: It really is a magical girl series :hmpf:
Reply 52
vin
what the hell is with this OP :eek: It really is a magical girl series :hmpf:

oooooh :teeth:

The first two episodes were entertaining enough, but this strikes me as a long runner (18 volumes of manga so far) and didn't do enough to make me want to sit and watch it for the period of time likely to be involved.
Reply 53
Truered
oooooh :teeth:

The first two episodes were entertaining enough, but this strikes me as a long runner (18 volumes of manga so far) and didn't do enough to make me want to sit and watch it for the period of time likely to be involved.

this is the kind of series that builds up:yes: so the pacing wont be like the loli stuff you're used to :indiff:
Reply 54
Dead Thread:no:

the thing with Natsu saying the sit back from the tv is a nice touch, rather than the messsage at the top of the screen.:yes:

OP still sucks:erm:
Reply 55
I can't wait til they get a new OP, this one is truly awful :sadnod:

Latest ep was fun though - starting to pull other members of the Guild into the story now :grin:
Reply 56
:creep:

Crappy OP hasnt gone away yet, but at least we've got to the 1st properly interesting arc of the series as of episode 21 - the Phantom Lord arc :woo:

Up till now the series has mostly been concerned with establishing the world and making us familar with the way the Fairy Tail guild works and what their missions are usually like - now we're getting a look at a proper battle with a rival guild - Phantom Lord :awesome:

This arc has some great characters and even better fights......its also fairly long, so I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks! :nutcase:
Reply 57
Just watched the first 2 episodes and really enjoying them, got a few things to say, but they're going to have to wait until after results provided I can still remember them :giggle:
Reply 58
:grumble:The OP and ED are so crappy
Reply 59
Rucy's dad is a **** :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest