The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Course: PhD in English
College: currently trying to decide!
Degree: currently doing MA in Comparative Literature at King's College London
Reply 2
Applied to the MA in International Relations and was accepted about a month ago. Haven't decided to attend yet (LSE, KCL, Edinburgh applications still pending), but excited about the possibility.

Stats:
Cornell University GPA 3.53
Major: Government (IR focus)
Reply 3
BigRed79
Applied to the MA in International Relations and was accepted about a month ago. Haven't decided to attend yet (LSE, KCL, Edinburgh applications still pending), but excited about the possibility.

Stats:
Cornell University GPA 3.53
Major: Government (IR focus)

Congrats!
If you want any information about King's, I will be happy to help. I'm doing my MA there now. It's in Comp Lit but I do know someone doing IR so heard bit and bobs about it! What would be your first choice, if you got into all of the courses you applied to?
Reply 4
I would probably choose LSE if I were to be accepted there, but the competition's extremely tough. After that, KCL would be next, followed by Edinburgh / Durham. I'm American, so overseas reputation matters and would really influence my job prospects afterwards. Nobody that I know has heard of Durham, which doesn't help...
Reply 5
BigRed79
I would probably choose LSE if I were to be accepted there, but the competition's extremely tough. After that, KCL would be next, followed by Edinburgh / Durham. I'm American, so overseas reputation matters and would really influence my job prospects afterwards. Nobody that I know has heard of Durham, which doesn't help...

King's have a very respected and notoriously competitive IR programme and they have quite a lot of American students on all their courses withing the War Studies department. The people I know are really happy about the course and the department are really well organised, which helps, as the overall King's administration can be rather messy. From what I hear from people doing the course King's would definitely be a good choice! well, fingers crossed for the offers to strat comming through!
Btw. I don't know how long you've been waiting but from my, and many other people's experience with King's, it's worth e-mailing the deaprtmnent after about 5-6 week, as they usually have an offer by then but are slow getting back to applicants.