The Student Room Group

Stalin's power base??

Hi,

I have my first history essay due in for tomorrow. Its about Stalin's power base and his rise to power.

I never done GCSE History so I am just a bit sceptic on structuring the essay.

The question is:

Stalin's power base put him in a very good position to take power on the death of Lenin in 1924. Explain this statement using the following words.

Polotburo
Orgburo
Dan on Factions
General Secretary
Lenin Enrolment
Bureaucracy
Nomenklatura list
Party congress

Can anyone just list some key points that I need to touch on in this essay, and also any advise on how to structure the essay would be much appreciated.

I will +rep anyone who give me any good advise.

Thanks,
you're leaving it a bit late :pierre:
Well seen as I only just the essay today and I had a S**t load of maths and physics work it not too bad.
shut up your rep is worth nothing moron

hi i am new :hi:

is this the welcome place? with giant condoms.
mine_is_bigger_than_yours
shut up your rep is worth nothing moron

hi i am new :hi:

is this the welcome place? with giant condoms.
At least he can give rep.... :rolleyes:
Stricof
At least he can give rep.... :rolleyes:

so can i and anyone for that matter, even though it might be worth nothing you can still do it

neg for you
:facepalm:
I think rep usually makes a difference if you can actually change the power of ones rep. Otherwise I wouldn't give a ****.
Stricof
:facepalm:
I think rep usually makes a difference if you can actually change the power of ones rep. Otherwise I wouldn't give a ****.

shut up and neg me
I was gonna get out my notes and help you but my detailed Russia notes are the only ones I can't find :frown: Can't remember what Orgburo/Nomenklatura list/Party congress is.

Stalin’s position as general secretary enabled him to employ loyal careerists and build on his power base. Stalin always had the upper hand in debates, as he didn’t partake in them until he took the side of the majority, so seemed a suitable candidate to continue Lenin’s ideology and legacy as proved from his position as general secretary. However, it was lucky he wasn’t removed from his job as recommended by Lenin in his Will, because he was underestimated and so the Will wasn’t published. Stalin would have had considerable more difficulty in defeating his rivals had Lenin not introduced the Law against Factions I think in 1921 which enabled Stalin to expel factions, namely his opponents. This law was used against them after their mistakes had isolated them, and Stalin showed political skill in his timing. Stalin’s job as general secretary was necessary in demonstrating he could be the one to continue Lenin’s legacy and build up his power base, but it was mainly the Law against Factions coupled with the mistakes of his rivals that helped him achieve success.

So for each of these points expand on them with their own paragraphs. In the last sentence of each paragraph link back to the title (using similar words) and try and link it to the next point, so it all flows. To conclude write 'in conclusion' then just copy and paste your intro, and reword it :P

Hope that helps.
xxx
Stricof
I don't usually give out notes to people for essays...but I'm bored so I'll bullset point a few things- it's up to you to actually do the ******* work

A five member Politburo was made by Lenin, and included Stalin. By 1912 Stalin one of six key members

Stalin was a key ranking member of the Orgburo

Dan on Factions? You mean Ban on Factions. Stalin benefited from Ban on Factions

Stalin was General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union's Central Committee

Lenin impressed by Stalin’s organisational ability

Stalin helped to found Pravda

Stalin supported the October Revolution

Stalin was Georgian very helpful to Lenin and became Commissar for Nationalities during Civil War

Brought him into conflict with Trotsky, Commissar for War

Stalin was in charge of the Lenin Enrolment, 1923-25. Crammed party with his own loyal supporters.

Stalin very effectively capitalised on Lenin’s legacy

**** off

please :puppyeyes:
microfatcat
I was gonna get out my notes and help you but my detailed Russia notes are the only ones I can't find :frown: Can't remember what Orgburo/Nomenklatura list/Party congress is.

Stalin’s position as general secretary enabled him to employ loyal careerists and build on his power base. Stalin always had the upper hand in debates, as he didn’t partake in them until he took the side of the majority, so seemed a suitable candidate to continue Lenin’s ideology and legacy as proved from his position as general secretary. However, it was lucky he wasn’t removed from his job as recommended by Lenin in his Will, because he was underestimated and so the Will wasn’t published. Stalin would have had considerable more difficulty in defeating his rivals had Lenin not introduced the Law against Factions I think in 1921 which enabled Stalin to expel factions, namely his opponents. This law was used against them after their mistakes had isolated them, and Stalin showed political skill in his timing. Stalin’s job as general secretary was necessary in demonstrating he could be the one to continue Lenin’s legacy and build up his power base, but it was mainly the Law against Factions coupled with the mistakes of his rivals that helped him achieve success.

So for each of these points expand on them with their own paragraphs. In the last sentence of each paragraph link back to the title (using similar words) and try and link it to the next point, so it all flows. To conclude write 'in conclusion' then just copy and paste your intro, and reword it :P

Hope that helps.
xxx

I ******* love you!!!!!!

I really appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Now back to work :work:
Stalin was a goodie.
Jay McConville
I ******* love you!!!!!!

I really appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Now back to work :work:

No problem! Any other AS history help, PM me. I did civil rights in the USA, the whole Russia thing, and India under the British Empire. I got a B :/ You don't need to have taken history GCSE to do the A-level as the topics are different. I'd advise reading up on WW1 and WW2 though, as these are always related to modern world history, and you usually did these topics at GCSE level. I would've helped you anyway without +Rep, but it is always welcomed :P

Latest

Trending

Trending