The Student Room Group

OASC Individual Planning Exercise Examples

Hi there guys and girls.

Could I firstly ask for the mods to leave this information in this section of the site before doing anything like moving it into the FAQ sticky for a little while as people are going to miss it.

I've got some individual planning exercises here I'd like to share with everyone. Hope they are of some use. I'll upload all the complete ones first.

The exercises are attached in the following posts as photographs and are all designed to take 20 minutes as an individual and are examples that have been used in the past by the RAF at OASC and IOT. Apologies for the quality of the copies I can't do anything about it.

Hope these help people out. Feel free to rep. :rolleyes:

Q_M :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MOTOR TRANSPORT OFFICER

Reply 2
EXERCISE STARDUST

Reply 3
RELIEF OF FULDA

Reply 4
Hoorah for Q_M

Here, have some rep. Totally through my own free choice!
Reply 5
:hat2:
Reply 6
Cheers Q_M these are top quality mate!
Reply 7
good work me ol mucka!
Reply 8
Q_M
EXERCISE STARDUST

It's sad, but there is actually a twin turboprop aircraft in RAF service called Vagabond!

CLICKY
Q_M you legend!
Reply 10
Nice one geting a hold of these and sharing them.

I've done the exercises at OASC not too long ago and can vouch that the ones shown above are in the indenticle layout and format to the ones the RAF will give you.

And the only difference with the individual and group exercises are a bit more detail and more variancies.

If anyone wants any info on the kind of questions the boarding officers ask about the exercises feel free to drop me an email on: [email protected]

or add me on MSN: [email protected]
Schleigg
It's sad,

Agreed!
Reply 12
*NuckingFuts*
Agreed!

:top2:
Can't believe they haven't changed them from the time I went through Ouch!!
wicked! Gonna have a bash at these in work tomorrow if it's quiet :wink:

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 15
It's an auto-chop from OASC if you turn up with prior information of this kind. They'll see this anyway.
Reply 16
jimjomjam
It's an auto-chop from OASC if you turn up with prior information of this kind. They'll see this anyway.

Er, what?

Some UASs - and I believe some AFCOs - hand out practice planning exercises. OASC send one out as part of the information for candidates. Why would OASC chop you because you've practised planning exercises in advance?
Reply 17
Theo1977
Er, what?

Some UASs - and I believe some AFCOs - hand out practice planning exercises. OASC send one out as part of the information for candidates. Why would OASC chop you because you've practised planning exercises in advance?

Very true, practicing these before hand will NOT get you chopped from OASC. Plenty of people I went through with had information similar to the ones posted and practiced them in the candidates mess for all too see.

Just don't go shoving them in a boarding officers face, let them think you haven't had access to this information and you'll look better when you get good scores :woo:
Reply 18
jamesando
let them think you haven't had access to this information and you'll look better when you get good scores :woo:

You don't really get an opportunity to let them know either way. In any case, preparation in advance is also something they might look kindly on....
Reply 19
Theo1977
hand out practice planning exercises. OASC send one out as part of the information for candidates. Why would OASC chop you because you've practised planning exercises in advance?

The way I read it, these aren't practice planning exercises, they are actual ones you may encounter at OASC...

Quick Reply

Latest