The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hand wash it
get another sheet to replace the blood stained one
or you could just paint the sheet red :dontknow:
just use a damp soapy cloth?
Soak the sheet in cold water and hand scrub it with some soap. That should get most of it out.
Reply 5
come on splash the cash, seriously buy new ones - if your too short for time bleach it, if they're white.
Reply 6
They're not white - thank god. They're a kind of orangey-brown colour. I just need to get most of it out before they get taken to the launderette
Reply 7
Burn And Replace.
Reply 8
Rinse in cold water if the blood is still fresh. Then scrub with some soap, and put in a wash.
Reply 9
biological washing powder
in actual fact, saliva is the best way to get rid of blood, the enzymes break it down and reverse the clotting process...i often have nosebleeds in bed and have found this to be the best method

a friend has suggested that other bodily fluids are also fairly effective, but i've not tested them yet
Reply 11
machiavelli123
in actual fact, saliva is the best way to get rid of blood, the enzymes break it down and reverse the clotting process...i often have nosebleeds in bed and have found this to be the best method

wrong wrong wrong wrong, wrong wrong wrong wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. (in the famous words of Dr Cox).

The only enzymes found in human saliva are of the amylase family, which will only break-down carbohydrates. The main staining ingredients in blood are made up of proteins, particularly hemoglobin, which will require protease enzymes to break-down. Therefore, biological washing powder, which contains these enzymes, are the best course of action (and make sure you do the wash at 30 degrees so that the enzymes don't denature).
I can't believe no one has suggested salty water yet. That's what I've always used, works a treat. Soak it in there for a bit, blood will be gone.
Reply 13
you used the sheet as a giant tampon?
I used vanish the other day, and it worked fine. Biotex is really good at getting blood stains out but you have to let the sheet soak.
Reply 15
That's right! I have a huge vagina and in my sleep, I put all of the bedclothes up it and this morning awoke to a bare mattress.

God, if I did that, I'd feel obliged to replace the bed aswell.

Thanks for the imaginative responses, though I think I'll leave painting them red as a last resort.

wtf is wrong with the quote thing!
Reply 16
soak the bloodstain in cold, salty water for ten minutes
Soaking in cold water is the best way...
...for some reason hot water makes it more stubbon to come out.
If the sheets were white, you could have bleached them....that's what I did when I was faced with a similar problem. I would avoid using bleach because you may discolour the bedsheet.

Just a word of warning....if it is a lot of blood and it has dried on, the washing machine wont shift it!
Reply 18
The last time I murdered someone in bed, I just bought new sheets.
Reply 19
Seriously no one has questioned why there is such a large amount of blood in the first place o.O

Latest

Trending

Trending