The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm from Northern Ireland and plenty of students from here move to mainland UK without a second thought. It's not so far away really despite the watery bit in the middle. It's closer than southern England is to northern Scotland anyway!
Reply 21
I am about 35 mins away by car
I wouldn't like to be more than about 2 hours away ideally (by car) since I like coming home every other weekend. When I was at Liverpool last year I was about an hour and a half away and that was perfect, cheap enough to get home once a fortnight for the weekend. Next year I'll be at Durham though so I imagine I might not be able to come home as often, even though it's only 2 and a half hours away. I wouldn't want to be any further away than that ever.
Reply 23
For me uni is a chance to move away from home and since I'll be taking a loan anyway so really I'd be open to move anywhere. I'm currently set to be moving to Wales from Sweden in September and it's far enough away from home that it will be a whole new experience but still close enough that I could go home for a long weekend if I needed.

Latest

Trending

Trending