The Student Room Group

Is it possible to re sit old syllabus AS philosophy?

I really need some help here.

I've just found out the the uni I want to go to has raised its entry requirements to ABB from BBB.

I got high As in all my philosophy A level modules and it is not really possible for me to get my B to an A from these modules. I rang my college and apparently it is not possible to re sit an AS module for AQA philosophy but I just don't want to believe them!

Please can anybody tell me if I can resit AS AQA philosophy modules? I really need to! I know other in subjects you can resit AS modules so surely it should be possible in philosophy too??

Thanks.
Reply 1
No, im afraid ive been told it isnt because I would love to. The AS exam resits for the old syllabus were a long time ago, sorry. [this is for all subjects.]
Reply 2
No sorry. You can only resit the A2 module. The last chance to retake AS was in may/june 2009. Sorry.
Reply 3
Lauren__x
No, im afraid ive been told it isnt because I would love to. The AS exam resits for the old syllabus were a long time ago, sorry. [this is for all subjects.]

But i know people who are resitting AS modules in other subjects so why is it not possible to resit them in all subjects. I just dont find it fair and it's really quite upsetting. There has to be a paper out there somewhere for me to take!
Arghness!!!
Reply 4
kcs549
But i know people who are resitting AS modules in other subjects so why is it not possible to resit them in all subjects. I just dont find it fair and it's really quite upsetting. There has to be a paper out there somewhere for me to take!
Arghness!!!

sorry, but you can only sit old AS modules in maths, coz the syllabus hasnt changed.

the people you know resitting AS levels, are probs on the new spec.
Reply 5
kcs549
Arghness!!!

I dont understand how its possible for them to be resitting AS modules on the old one:confused:. Did they do these AS ones last year? If thats the case, I dont think they would have been doing the old syllabus.
Reply 6
kcs549
Arghness!!!

are you sure its on the old specification? As someone has said before maths is the only subject you can do that with as it has not been changed. You could try and redo the whole subject on the new specification that is what I am doing it shouldn't be hard as you have already learnt the everything.
Reply 7
pina.Love
are you sure its on the old specification? As someone has said before maths is the only subject you can do that with as it has not been changed. You could try and redo the whole subject on the new specification that is what I am doing it shouldn't be hard as you have already learnt the everything.

That'll explain it then, the people I know are resitting maths. poo!
Reply 8
obv not. examiners are not gona design a paper with the old specification. That would be just a waste of time!!

Latest