The Student Room Group

OCR History - or any other board if u want

hey, is anyone else doing OCR History with Russia (Bolshevik Rule) 1903-1924 and The Changing Nature of Warfare - 1874-ish - 1918? it doesnt matter GREATLY if your not, but i was just wondering if anyone had any good tips on revising for the exam on monday? and then friday? cuz i kno we have to read lots and stuff, but does anyone kno any area in particular, or like good methods of learnin how to write essays, and answer the 15 and 30 mark (i think) source questions? thanx for any help :cool:
Reply 1
I'm doing the changing nature of warfare also, 1792-1918. I've practically summarised my textbook and have split up the each period with the wars in the order they took place.

Revolutionary, Napoleonic, Crimean, Solferino (Italian War of Unification), German Wars of Unifications, Russo-Japanese and then World War 1.

I've not really focussed on the American Civil War too much as it's an optional area of study.
Reply 2
I've got A2 history on monday but it's AQA. I do Russia from 1881-1985 and Britain 1951-1997. I've been through my folder and done the usual notemaking and summarising etc. From now on, I'm going to be trying to put my notes into spiderdiagrams (just another excuse to write them out again really) but putting the info into smaller form. Then I'll do plans for essays if I have anytime left over (which I wont seen as I have 7 exams next week!) But that's the plan! good luck!