The Student Room Group

Feeling overwhelmed by amount of work!

Heyy

Well I am doing further maths, physics chemistry and biology. I know I can acheive good grades in these subjects for A/S, yet we are moving at such a fast pace in maths im like:eek: we just started C2 after having breifly skimmed C1?
I prefer to go home and work through the text book and understand what is actually going on, but we just do the exercise's and i feel so stupid.

How should I get on top of all of this? I don't want to drop anything as I know I can do this!

any suggestions??
Reply 1
J DOT A
Heyy

Well I am doing further maths, physics chemistry and biology. I know I can acheive good grades in these subjects for A/S, yet we are moving at such a fast pace in maths im like:eek: we just started C2 after having breifly skimmed C1?
I prefer to go home and work through the text book and understand what is actually going on, but we just do the exercise's and i feel so stupid.

How should I get on top of all of this? I don't want to drop anything as I know I can do this!

any suggestions??

you should work at your own pace at home for 1 hour a night + HW.

or along those lines :smile:
Reply 2
Try your very best not to fall behind. Trust, I was in the exact same position. Even if you're feeling stupid, keep asking questions, keep getting involved. Don't switch off - or even worse, don't skip lessons like me. You must stick with it. Start working through C1 now and by Jan you should cover both C1 and C2 and S/M1. Do like 5 pages every day :h:

I've been in the exact same position and I crashed and burned. It's hardcore but stick with it. You don't want a mound of retakes in A2!
Reply 3
C1 is higher GCSE revision + Calculus, which you will pick up in C2 easily anyway. As above said, if you are doing maths and further, you should easily get through, C1, C2, M1/S1 (Or D1 even?) by January. Just hang in there, it's going to be a jump from GCSE, but you will get used to it..
Reply 4
That is the main reason why i even though got offers from Tiffins boys school, St. Dominics and St. Marylebourne, I still stayed in my school which has a pass rate below average. But they at least explain everything briefly, and whenever i do not understand something they repeat it so many times until i do understand. If i had been in one of the good Sixth Forms I could not have even dared to ask the teacher for help, coz then all the students would think i am stupid
Reply 5
I'm the same and I'm not even doing further maths.
However, my friend is and they go like a gazillion times faster than we do in normal maths so she does like a chapter per lesson and no exercises, so she does a few questions from each exercise at home.
Have confidence in yourself, and maybe try reading through new topics before you come onto them?
J DOT A
Heyy

Well I am doing further maths, physics chemistry and biology. I know I can acheive good grades in these subjects for A/S, yet we are moving at such a fast pace in maths im like we just started C2 after having breifly skimmed C1?

any suggestions??

We covered C1 in 4 weeks when we did FM. Maybe you could take a step back from lessons. Try to work at your own pace for a while but make sure that you're not falling behind in class. You could also try to do some extra work on top of what you're doing in class. Try to follow the exercises set in class and do some more work on your own.
Schoolio
That is the main reason why i even though got offers from Tiffins boys school, St. Dominics and St. Marylebourne, I still stayed in my school which has a pass rate below average. But they at least explain everything briefly, and whenever i do not understand something they repeat it so many times until i do understand. If i had been in one of the good Sixth Forms I could not have even dared to ask the teacher for help, coz then all the students would think i am stupid

So what?
Reply 8
electriic_ink
So what?

Lol that is my opinion. I want the teachers to support me as much as they can. If the teachers however do not really care and just wanna finish off with the specification of the book than some of the people will fail and i can guarantee that i would be one of these people. But because i am now in an average school teachers support students lots and lots even after school sometimes until 8pm. This is why i love my school is just the best, i dont know about your school! And even though the teachers support the students a lot and less work is being completed we still finish the specification before the examination. So yh that is the main reason why i didnt go to another school. I need the support!!!!

Latest