The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ignoramus
No email here... glad in some ways as my score could have gone down, I guess.

did anyones go down aswell?!
Ignoramus
No email here... glad in some ways as my score could have gone down, I guess.

i think no1 could be adversely affected by them taking out these questions...
so if you got it right then i dont think they would have taken your score down tbh...
i duno thatw as my impression of it

i realise that when they removed a whole section people got screwed over :s-smilie:
-UNKNOWN
did anyones go down aswell?!

no i dont think so
Reply 63
ahh dammit, wish i hadn't cancelled mine for a later date, I've got it tomorrow at 1, looks like i've missed out on this =[
Has anyone else recieved this email increasing their ukcat score?
saab_101
ahh dammit, wish i hadn't cancelled mine for a later date, I've got it tomorrow at 1, looks like i've missed out on this =[

good luck dude :smile:
Reply 66
My VR went up from 750-760 and this put my average up from 725 to 727.25 :smile:
I could swear I did better in the verbal reasoning!
min went up to from 680 to 690

for AR
Reply 69
JordanCarroll
good luck dude :smile:

cheers, if i can get a score anywhere near 712.5 i'll be over the moon tbh lol. I'm trying to compensate for my weakness in qr and ar with good tactics and strict timing for each question, and take full advantage of the flagging system. We shall see whether it works or not tomorrow :o:
there's already a thread on this ---> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1058876
saab_101
cheers, if i can get a score anywhere near 712.5 i'll be over the moon tbh lol. I'm trying to compensate for my weakness in qr and ar with good tactics and strict timing for each question, and take full advantage of the flagging system. We shall see whether it works or not tomorrow :o:

sweeet :smile:
seems you have a sensible gameplan going on :smile:
all the best!
CheesyPeesy
Feckin' hell, I thought VR was my strongest going into the test and it ended up as my weakest by a country mile. I smell something a miss.

I can't remember if I used my dad's email or mine for the UKCAT! I'm hoping to whatever the hell is up there that I used his because so far, nothing in my inbox.

Apparently something like this happened a few years ago with the AR, so Pearson Vue just scrapped the AR scores and the average was taken from the other three. I wish to Christ they would just do away with this year's VR section. Everyone I've talked to seemed unhappy with it, something must have been a bit dodge.

And on a selfish note, taking out VR would DRASTICALLY improve my unfortunately slim chances of getting into King's.

C'mon Person Vue, do the right thing!!

YES!! This is exactly waht happened to me. My VR was my strongest going in, it was always my highest on practice tests, but in the ukcat it was by far my lowest, and when i was doing it i thought i had done rely well!! I coudnt believe it!
Reply 73
Yay mine has gone up too.. Quantative reasoning from 760 to 780.

average from 672.5 to 677.5

very exciting
lol the 2.5 increase could make all the difference

lol funny how they increased the section i started guessing half way through
Reply 75
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
YES!! This is exactly waht happened to me. My VR was my strongest going in, it was always my highest on practice tests, but in the ukcat it was by far my lowest, and when i was doing it i thought i had done rely well!! I coudnt believe it!

Me too. I think I did worse because I was so nervous, and after that section I'd kind of gottan over my nerves.
lekky
Me too. I think I did worse because I was so nervous, and after that section I'd kind of gottan over my nerves.

that is one thing i thought?
alot of people have done badly in VR, is it because its the start nerves etc,
who knows?
i wish they would cut out VR :teeth:
Reply 77
JordanCarroll
who knows?

I think it is tbh because VR was the thing I was most confident on and did best in all the mocks in, then got my worst score in VR!
I got in and I was so nervous I was shaking, and so I couldn't really read the texts and take everything in properly so that took me a bit longer than usual.
I calmed down as I got through them and by the time I got to QR was more relaxed and did better, so I think nerves defintley had something to do with it.
I'm sure if you swapped them around people would still have the same problem with the first section.
JordanCarroll
who knows?

Yeah I wouldn't mind them cutting VR. My average would be 783.33 if they did... :teeth:
Ignoramus
Yeah I wouldn't mind them cutting VR. My average would be 783.33 if they did... :teeth:

I KNOW!
760 for me :teeth:

Latest

Trending

Trending