Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Industrial/Scaffold Piercing Healing

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just had the two holes pierced, told to come back when they are healed to have the long barbell inserted. I have two helixs on the otherside, but they are old, so I can't remember how long they too to heal.

Can anyone tell me when I will know when the new ones are healed enough to have the barbell inserted?

p.s I know cartilages take longer, 3-6 months minimum, but was just looking for gudiance from fellow industirals
    xxx
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairygirl224)
    Hi,

Just had the two holes pierced, told to come back when they are healed to have the long barbell inserted. I have two helixs on the otherside, but they are old, so I can't remember how long they too to heal.

Can anyone tell me when I will know when the new ones are healed enough to have the barbell inserted?

p.s I know cartilages take longer, 3-6 months minimum, but was just looking for gudiance from fellow industirals
    xxx
    It took mine more like 2 years than 6 months :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll know when they're healed enough
    It took mine a good year to properly heal, but 3-6 months (ish) for them to heal enough to have the barbell.
    It varies with everyone.
    Personally, I found surgical spirit to work very well on mine even though it stings like hell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine took about 6 months to heal fully (i.e. stopped hurting when people bumped it)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone lese
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's different. You'll have to wait and see.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm told it's best to have the barbell from the start, otherwise they might not line up properly. Dunno if that's true or not. :shrug:

Mine was largely healed in about 6 months, but it took a good 3 months or so on top of that for it to be completely healed. It's a year and a half later now, and I was forced to take ti out for about 18 hours and it closed up! :cry:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I'm told it's best to have the barbell from the start, otherwise they might not line up properly. Dunno if that's true or not. :shrug:
    Yeah you're right. A straight barbell heals better than a curved BCR, so it'll be easier to line up the barbell when the scaffold's complete.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yep ive got 2 individual barbells atm, pain almost gone now, i can sleep on it now, phew

much less cleaning to do this time round, seems weird, no lymph or bleeding over night
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my scaffolding done two days ago, I actually found it isn't very painful for me which is a relief. I do have a question about it though, I have a lot of other piercings and because they are all small bars i was able to move them about to clean them. With this piercing I am able to move the bottom part but the not part at top of my ear, I have been told that the skin can grow over the piercin hole even with bar in but am not sure i quite believe that..will the piercing be ok without me being able to move it? i can still clean it ok
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also dairygirl it may take bit longer to heal on urs as if u put the one bar in then it takes off the pressure whereas two seperate piercings adds more pressure
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine took about 18 months

It stayed sore-ish until I had my rook pierced and then the tenderness seemed to disappear almost overnight, which was strange.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2009
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.