The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No way their service is **** anyway the punctuality of the postmen is shocking.
Reply 2
The people tasked with paying them should go on strike and see how amused they all are then.
Reply 3
:rant:
Let's do a Maggie and shut the union! :ahee:
how many times do these pricks go on strike? sack the lot of em
Reply 6
:sigh:
i apologise for the misspelling of the thread...
train drivers and bus drivers go on strike every time..why cant postmen do that too?
Reply 10
I don't even know why they call them the royal mail anymore - they're like the ******* peasant mail at their current state. Letters take ages to arrive, when they do it's at like 4pm. Their service is shocking, half the time they can't even be arsed devliering the parcels or letters, leaving some **** note saying noone was in when my mum actually was.

Then they have the absolute cheek to go on strike. They should be thankful they even have a job - I know thousands of people made redundant who'd be living up to the standards with how the royal mail used to be, and who'd be happy to even be in the job. The workers have no support from me in their strike at all. Maybe if they worked hard, and deserved a pay rise, I might not mind, but the service I get from these people is just shocking.
emanuel_arsenalfc
train drivers and bus drivers go on strike every time..why cant postmen do that too?

is it right for those workers to strike?
Ben F
I don't even know why they call them the royal mail anymore - they're like the ******* peasant mail at their current state. Letters take ages to arrive, when they do it's at like 4pm. Their service is shocking, half the time they can't even be arsed devliering the parcels or letters, leaving some **** note saying noone was in when my mum actually was.

Then they have the absolute cheek to go on strike. They should be thankful they even have a job - I know thousands of people made redundant who'd be living up to the standards with how the royal mail used to be, and who'd be happy to even be in the job. The workers have no support from me in their strike at all. Maybe if they worked hard, and deserved a pay rise, I might not mind, but the service I get from these people is just shocking.

exactly
:yes:
Couldn't you find a better link than the British Biased Corporation? . We all know it is liebours mouth piece and is run by marxist turds and feminazis . Not saying the reports not correct but another link would be great.
Ministerdonut
Couldn't you find a better link than the British Biased Corporation? . We all know it is liebours mouth piece and is run by marxist turds and feminazis . Not saying the reports not correct but another link would be great.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=1000002&mediaId=99700760

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6194003/Royal-Mail-strike-already-national-as-one-in-eight-letters-fail-to-arrive.html

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/08/amazon_royal_mail_strike_contract/

btw, i agree with you about the BBC, and can't wait till 'Liebour' is out...
I'm not that bothered, to be honest. It's just the recession. Times are tight. People only care about themselves. That's that.
Reply 16
dammit, voted yes by accident! When I heard about it yesterday its really annoyed me and maddened me! These people are having 'holidays' while striking and asking for more pay when pilots arn't complaining about getting less and less pay per year!
I'm virtually unemployable and I'd be a much better worker than the bumbaclots currently working at The Royal Mail.
And this would be exactly why a state monopoly on regular post is a bad thing.
Reply 19
I'm so glad I've not got any orders outstanding

Latest

Trending

Trending