The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hmm I did some maths II practice tests (from the CollegeBoard book) at the end of year 12 and just scraped an 800 so I really hope that I can pull it off for the real thing. Apparently quite a few people have had issues with the timing - one of the guys in my IB Maths HL class got something in the 500s despite getting 750 on SAT I. Then again he said that he was half asleep because he was at a party the night before and was just trying it out for the heck of it... I'm guessing that if he does it properly he can get in the 700s.

Then again there are people that don't do well on SAT I math but do well on SAT II maths IIC.

I'm quite worried about physics though! I'll have to do some practice tests this week! AAHH I have so much stuff to do!
Reply 41
Stricof
No, not struggling. Why? I give a question a certain number of mins and then I move on. I leave 10-15 mins extra time to make edits and change my grammar and finalise my conclusions.
For maths though.....no problem....:nah: still no problem. Except the stats questions...:frown:

Wow the maths is hard to finish in time.

Stricof
Guess :sexface:

Hmmmm

CR 740
M 800
W 750

:sexface:?

gyyy2807
for mathII? If so, yeah but that was because I hadn't done that standard of maths for ages. Now thought I'm doing much better.

Yeah I meant maths II.
Reply 42
KiiNGofLONDON
So who else is sitting SAT's on Saturday? I've got my Maths II, LIterature & French w/listening subject tests. What about you guys?

I'm doing French on Saturday too! :five:

If you've done A-levels (or GCSEs), and you know what the SAT listening is like, then I'd be really interested to know how you think the SAT listening compares to the British listening exams...
It's just I don't have any practice tests with listening, so I'm wondering what it's like :eek:
Reply 43
sa55afras
I'm doing French on Saturday too! :five:

If you've done A-levels (or GCSEs), and you know what the SAT listening is like, then I'd be really interested to know how you think the SAT listening compares to the British listening exams...
It's just I don't have any practice tests with listening, so I'm wondering what it's like :eek:

No I haven't done one either! At A-level I got full marks in my listening, but that was when you could rewind the bloody thing. Not sure how this is going to go...apparently there's a practice question of each type though...
Desirable scores for SAT II anyone?
Reply 45
780 above in mathII. youself?
700 Math sounds good as i will be attempting few or no stats questions again :sadnod:
History - I'd like to say 720-750 and the same with Lit. Although I deffo won't get the same luck as last time =_=
Reply 47
gyyy2807
780 above in mathII. youself?

Stricof
700 Math sounds good as i will be attempting few or no stats questions again :sadnod:
History - I'd like to say 720-750 and the same with Lit. Although I deffo won't get the same luck as last time =_=

I'll be delighted if all three start with a 7 again.
Reply 48
KiiNGofLONDON
No I haven't done one either! At A-level I got full marks in my listening, but that was when you could rewind the bloody thing. Not sure how this is going to go...apparently there's a practice question of each type though...

Ah well it's good that there will at least be example questions. Thanks for the info. We'll see how it goes -- good luck!! :woo:
KiiNGofLONDON
I'll be delighted if all three start with a 7 again.
Actually now that you mention it - Same :yes:
Reply 50
I'd be happy if my US history and biology start with a 7 in Dec
Doomsday tomorrow :sexface:
Then Judgement day on the 24th :sadnod:
Reply 52
Stricof
Doomsday tomorrow :sexface:
Then Judgement day on the 24th :sadnod:

:nooo:
Reply 53
I'm about to set off for Edinburgh and probably won't be online until after the exam. So, good luck everybody! :smile:
Reply 54
gyyy2807
I'm about to set off for Edinburgh and probably won't be online until after the exam. So, good luck everybody! :smile:

Wow is that where you're taking it? Good luck bro!
Reply 55
My practice test scores have been M2: 650, L; 650, F:700 :s-smilie:
Bit less than mine but....
Could be worse :p:
Reply 57
Stricof
Bit less than mine but....
Could be worse :p:

you breaking the 7's?
KiiNGofLONDON
you breaking the 7's?
:yes:
2150 = 720 (W Hist), 720 (Lit), 710 (Math II)
Reply 59
KiiNGofLONDON
My practice test scores have been M2: 650, L; 650, F:700 :s-smilie:

Just out of curiosity, are you using the Official Collegeboard book for the practice tests. If you're using Barrons (for maths) then I should warn you that their practice papers are way harder than the actual test. I took a Barrons practice test and got 610, then I took the Collegeboard practice test and got 800. Major difference - I don't get why Barron's make it so hard. I only finished 40 of the 50 questions in their practice paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending