The Student Room Group

Sales jobs in BAA looking less attractive?

It was announced this week that no BAA are planning to cut 1700 jobs and put in place a 2 year pay freeze for those who will be lucky enough to keep their job!?

We are talking about the most highly regarded aviation organisation in the UK - if their not surviving - what hope do we all have!

I think the thought of being an air hostess/steward is still very glamourous hence the competition that is involved usually when applying for such a role, however this is going to damage BAAs popularity - and having no sales jobs vacant - no ones going to apply.

Does anyone know more about this and do you think BAAs reputation will be damaged??
Bump as this took a while to approve.
nard1
It was announced this week that no BAA are planning to cut 1700 jobs and put in place a 2 year pay freeze for those who will be lucky enough to keep their job!?

We are talking about the most highly regarded aviation organisation in the UK - if their not surviving - what hope do we all have!

I think the thought of being an air hostess/steward is still very glamourous hence the competition that is involved usually when applying for such a role, however this is going to damage BAAs popularity - and having no sales jobs vacant - no ones going to apply.

Does anyone know more about this and do you think BAAs reputation will be damaged??

Cleaning up sick and dishing out meals on wheels, uhh yeah, G*L*A*M*O*U*R
Reply 3
To be honest I think they are a good example of a badly managed company!

I think things went downhill for them when they became a private company! People at the top got greedy and the business started losing money! Also they haven't exactly changed with the times have they?

Thier staff have been striking about this that and the other for years!
Reply 4
Yeh maybe they are a badly managed company....and now they have sold Gatwick haven't they!!??

Do you think people will lose their jobs, or do they work for Gatwick rather than BAA??
Reply 5
Thats something I have no idea about???? Hmmmm lol! Lets hope not though as it would be hard to re-staff a whole airport from scratch hehe! Do you know who bought the place?
They're heading down the route of two-bit, no frill airlines like BmiBaby, and I can imagine they'll be quite unpleasant to deal with in the future. Next time I go across the Atlantic I'll be considering Virgin. Poor effort from the UK flagship airliner.
Reply 7
There seems to be some confusion over what is being referred to here: BAA is the former British Airports Authority, BA is British Airways.
FuzzyB
To be honest I think they are a good example of a badly managed company!

I think things went downhill for them when they became a private company! People at the top got greedy and the business started losing money! Also they haven't exactly changed with the times have they?

Thier staff have been striking about this that and the other for years!

Nonsense, the workers got greedy and striked for pay rises. BA employees are better paid than all other airliner employees, yet customer service and employee efficiency on a BA flight as compared to a Qantas, AA, or even continental is shocking. The employees are ******* themselves over, to put it simply.

Anyway, as Lib says, the OP isn't about BA, it's about the spanish owned BAA.
Reply 9
L i b
There seems to be some confusion over what is being referred to here: BAA is the former British Airports Authority, BA is British Airways.

I was thinking that too.
Reply 10
Then I ma sure it refers to British Airways as they are what is all over the news!

Latest

Trending

Trending