The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i'll be applying to australia if i fail to get in :biggrin:
Reply 41
hmmm v good.

wat if you fail to get into oz, channie?
Reply 42
Gizmo!
hmmm v good.

wat if you fail to get into oz, channie?

i highly doubt i would. no interviews, no personal statements required. plus i've got 4 A's at a levels
Reply 43
Isaacchan
i highly doubt i would. no interviews, no personal statements required. plus i've got 4 A's at a levels
And if there was any doubt as to why you shouldn't be doing this...
Reply 44
ahh and you mite meet a luvvly ozzie man to give you cuddles in the shower and all, channie.
Had I not got a place at med school this year, I would have certainly reapplied.
Reply 46
exactly the attitude, supperman
It depends. My plan of action depends on August 2010.

Assuming I get no offers for A100 and and hold an offer for B210 @ Cardiff:

I get AAA/AAB I gap
I get ABB I complete B210, aiming for 60%+ and follow Cardiffs entry to the A100.

If I get no offers for A100 and don't get an offer for B210:

I get AAA/AAB I gap and apply to different schools for the A100 and the B210 again @ Cardiff
If I get ABB I apply to a mixture of Pharmacolegy/biomed degrees and GEP.

GEP could easily be substituted with become a pharmacologist or any other proffession though. Who knows how I would feel at the end of the degree. It could have been a godsend rather than a curse.

Hopefully it won't come to that though, eh?
I planned a gap year and to reapply. If I didn't get in that time, it was an HSBC professional studies loan and Jerez to fly for me.
If I don't get in this year, I'm reapplying atleast one more time (I think three application rounds seems reasonable before throwing in the towel or trying an alternative way into medicine :o: - it would depend entirely on how I felt). I really want to study medicine and I've worked really hard for it for the last couple of years, so taking a gap year (or two :wink:) isn't the end of the world for me. If I didn't want to get on with my studies as soon as possible, I'd take a gap year before uni - I could do a lot of things that I've always wanted to do but didn't have time for and I think I'd develop as a person, and earn some (well-needed) money for uni.

I'm obviously hoping I'll get in this year, but I'm realistic about the competitiveness of medicine. I know I'll need some luck to get in on my first attempt...

I personally feel that if something's worth doing, it's worth waiting for... but everyone's different and I wouldn't say that graduate entry is a bad option.
depending on my grades. if i get AAA and no offers then i would re-apply. AAB and no offers re-apply. ABB i'd go do pharmacy and if i still want to be a doctor afterwards, i'd do graduate entry :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending