The Student Room Group

**** my life

ok so i ****** up my as grades i got A,C,E and my school told me to repeat... i stupidly didnt... and now i have a personal statement to write, which i havnt even started and ********* of retake revision. Im just not motivated and keep on procastinating... i hate this like seriously i dont know i just have this fear that i wont get in anywhere how do i stop this and get something done :s
Reply 1
Don't worry man. Just think of it this way you cover in A2 mostly everything what you do in AS but only in more depth. SO basically if you just start revising for A2 you will be fine, and about your personal statement, you don't really have to do it this year. I mean a gap year would be alright as well where you can relax and just forget about education for a year and do stuff that actual interests you more. But seriously don't stress out just resit your AS and that is it.
Reply 2
look at my grades, I'll make you a lot happier
What will happen will happen, leave it in god's hands
Just Play Along- it's one big game
Reply 3
baba_moon

Great advice.
Next time I'm in a crisis, I'l trust in God and play along.
baba_moon

Surely it'd be more productive to work and improve the grades rather than entrust them to a deity?
Reply 5
I'm in the same situation to be honest. I got a B, D and E at AS and think I might have missed the deadline to enter to resit the D and E grades. I'm worried that I will screw up this year aswell and end up getting crap results, thus not getting into any universities.

=\
Calm down, work out what you need to do and break it down. Don't try and do it all at once, breaking it down will make it a lot less daunting. Just learn from your mistakes and make sure you work hard this year :yes:
Reply 7
baba_moon

what did you get?

and thanks for the adive everyone
Reply 8
sharpiiie
what did you get?

and thanks for the adive everyone

My ASs:
Sociology: D
General Studies: D
Environment Studies: E
Media Studies: U

and ******* proud of it
Reply 9
I truly have just enough eduction to perform,

come on Furniture Studies at Uni!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, what are you talking about, your grades are ACE!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 11
Xerophelistica
Dude, what are you talking about, your grades are ACE!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:teehee:
Xerophelistica

lol!
OP, when you're writing your PS don't think about your grades and how you think you won't get in. It'll kill all your motivation which won't show through on your PS. What are you applying to?
Reply 13
sharpiiie
ok so i ****** up my as grades i got A,C,E and my school told me to repeat... i stupidly didnt... and now i have a personal statement to write, which i havnt even started and ********* of retake revision. Im just not motivated and keep on procastinating... i hate this like seriously i dont know i just have this fear that i wont get in anywhere how do i stop this and get something done :s

It will be a hard year but far from impossible.
Work out a timetable - make it realistic. Although simple it puts things in perspective and makes it seem achievable. Prioritize the Jan-exams, then after January concentrate on the summer exams. Keep thinking of the end result for the motivation. All the hard work will be worth it in the end when you open them results and this time next year your in Uni!

As for the personal statement, it shouldn't take too long, and the deadline isn't till January loads of time :wink:

You can do it :yes:
ACE. My brother got DEU. His life isn't ******, neither is yours.
Sounds ace.

Sorry, seriously - If your hearts not in studying, then you don't have to do it. I know too many people (myself included) who have gone down the wrong path because of what they thought they should do. Sit down and think what you really want to do with your life, what is realistic and would make you happy, and just do whatever it takes to get there. I find that works for me.

Latest