The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying for business management with eco/business PS

I am having difficulty picking the courses i want to do. i preferably want to stay in london and have already decided upon 3 courses i want to apply for and in which institutes:

QMUL - economics and finance
RHUL - financial and business economics
City - Financial economics

im not sure about the other 2. i want to go Kings college london because i like where it is situated and the working environment. a course i found there that i would like to do is business management. but will i be able to do a primarily economics personal statement with business and management incorporated and still stand a chance getting into my 3 choices above as well as kings?

also i would like advice on what other course that is economics based that i could apply for at a higher ranked university. here are my grades at AS:

A - maths
A - economics
B- Biology
C - chemistry (dropped)

GCSE: 1 A* 8 As 4 Bs

i'm predicted AAA and have a lot of extra curricular stuff like 5 years playing for a football team, 5 years at swimming club, 2 years at badminton club, work experience at finance sector of barts hospital. can anyone suggest a course at a higher university that i have a realistic chance of getting into for my 5th option?

cheers,
Reply 1
I have moved this out of PS Help as there isn't a PS to review :smile:

Hopefully you will get some useful feedback in the course specific forum.
I applied for a combination of Business, Economics and International Relations (Politics dept) courses in one statement and got offers from 4 of my 5 choices (Sheffield, Manchester, Loughborough, York....rejected by Edinburgh) and since you're not applying for Oxbridge I think you stand a very good chance since the subjects are easily relatable and require similar skills.