The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i'm doing this paper as well, but im studying boule de suif and therese desqueyroux. I think i'm ready for it, but I'm still gonna work on them real hard til wednesday
Reply 2
i'm doing it, but i havn't started work yet. a few random quotations will do and a vague knowledge of the plot. i hope.
Reply 3
i'm doing it too but i'm doing L'occupation and Francois Truffaut. Just learning the techniques and some examples for the latter and key dates/people etc for the former
Reply 4
I'm going to be doing L'occupation and Sac de Billes. Thankfully, there's some overlap in those two topics, so they sorta...supoprt each other.

For Sac de Billes, I'm just going to be looking at the 'profiles' of each of the characters, and the key events that they're likely to ask about. Maybe I'll look at some of the essays I've already written/planned.

And for l'occupation, I'm just going to be thinking about the key events, and I'll memorise examples of resistance networks/leaders/underground newspapers (probably around 1 or 2 of each) - pick the easiest names to remember, eg. Jean Moulin for resistance leader, or 'Combat' for a clandestine - just so i can mention them and look like i know what i'm talking about :p:
There's only like...3 different things they can ask you about anyway, so it shouldn't be too difficult, i'll just memorise some set phrases/ideas and regurgitate them all for the exam. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Im doing Truffaut which i'm feeling okay about - learnt techniques, themes and done summaries for characters. More worried about Therese - just haven't got to grips with the book - anyone got any tips? I'm trying to just know the plot really well and then hopefully just use that information to answer the question. What would you say if the question came up why did she try to kill Bernard? it seems so broad to me i wouldn't know where to start!
Reply 6
muffin
I'm going to be doing L'occupation and Sac de Billes. Thankfully, there's some overlap in those two topics, so they sorta...supoprt each other.

For Sac de Billes, I'm just going to be looking at the 'profiles' of each of the characters, and the key events that they're likely to ask about. Maybe I'll look at some of the essays I've already written/planned.

And for l'occupation, I'm just going to be thinking about the key events, and I'll memorise examples of resistance networks/leaders/underground newspapers (probably around 1 or 2 of each) - pick the easiest names to remember, eg. Jean Moulin for resistance leader, or 'Combat' for a clandestine - just so i can mention them and look like i know what i'm talking about :p:
There's only like...3 different things they can ask you about anyway, so it shouldn't be too difficult, i'll just memorise some set phrases/ideas and regurgitate them all for the exam. :biggrin:

Would you by any chance have notes for sac de billes and l'occupation...?? im dying under the work ive got to do for the number of exams on tht day (3!) n ive got v little time to condense my notes/exam answers any further...

any quotes would be really useful to regurgitate as u say :smile:

thank you loads n loads in advance :biggrin:
Reply 7
Windswept
Would you by any chance have notes for sac de billes and l'occupation...?? im dying under the work ive got to do for the number of exams on tht day (3!) n ive got v little time to condense my notes/exam answers any further...

any quotes would be really useful to regurgitate as u say :smile:

thank you loads n loads in advance :biggrin:

sure, well there's already a thread about sac de billes in here, and i've posted some past questions in there, along with a couple of essay plan type things. If you check those out, they might help. Plus I'm going to post another load of stuff probably tonight, more essay plans, maybe character profiles etc.

I have quite a lot of notes for the resistance as well, and i dont mind sharing them with you...maybe i'll start a thread up here or find somewhere i can put them on the internet.
Reply 8
if a question comes up on why did therese try to kill bernard i'm screwed. but you get to choose between two different essays so hopefully will be able to do one of them. some of the past paper questions are a bit tricky but usually there's one that i could bluff my way through... :hmmmm2:
Reply 9
My year 13 group had dinner with joffo last month.... in a school trip to paris... to discuss un sac de billes...
Reply 10
haha...and i was right there with you. :p:

now guess who i am. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending