The Student Room Group

Webmaster Resources (Compiled by TSR Members)

(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not that I agree with disagreeing with things that I don't know much about, but I've heard bad things about godaddy (http://nodaddy.com) and isn't 123reg thought of as being horribly overpriced? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Get 1&1 off that list and stick Dreamhost.com on, way better.
Reply 3
guitarromantic
Get 1&1 off that list

This. Defiantly this. I just got a letter through the post last week from a debt collection company ( No previous contact from 1&1 ) for the second year running when my account has been closed 3 fooking times. The company, along with its sister company Fasthost, is the biggest farce and an absolute joke of a host.

If I was to suggest a host it would be heartinternet.com for domains and rackspacecloud.com.
Reply 5
Reply 6
www.tsohost.co.uk - the best hosting company I have ever used.
Loving www.andthenhost.com - best one in my opinion. Top support too.
Reply 8
I've had very good experiences with LiquidSix. In particular, their .NET Starter Plan offers everything I need to host production ASP.NET web apps and it's only £20pa. Plus it has servers in the UK, which is important for Data Protection.
Reply 9
Would be nice to see some additions for actually learning to dev visual websites from scratch. I'm planning on building a blog from scratch in php/html5 with css3 over summer after my exams.
Reply 10
google analytics is a good traffic tracking tool IMO and its used by tons of websites nowadays. TSR does aswell from looking at the source code comments.
Reply 11
im looking at getting a website as im at uni studying computer science but dont really know where to look for good deals, or what i will/wont need.

im currently looking at andthenhost.com for web hosting as they seem to have good prices and 123-reg for the domain. what i dont know is which of the hosting options i should get. or what is a good price for web hosting.

any advice would be apreciated
Reply 12
www.bluehost.com <--- ace webhosting :P i use it $90 for 2 years and pretty much everything included
JustHost, if you're on a budget provides a perfectly acceptable service, although 1and1 also provides a good service, minus cPanel which I regard as fairly essential.
voted for 1and1, hostgator, bluehost. all of them are gaint in hosting provider
Original post by grh2g46
im looking at getting a website as im at uni studying computer science but dont really know where to look for good deals, or what i will/wont need.

im currently looking at andthenhost.com for web hosting as they seem to have good prices and 123-reg for the domain. what i dont know is which of the hosting options i should get. or what is a good price for web hosting.

any advice would be apreciated

godaddy is really good.
Reply 16
Amazon EC2 are currently providing free Micro Instances, if you don't mind getting your feet wet in Linux Administration. You have the advantage of nearly full control over the server too.
Reply 17
word of advice: stay the **** away from 1and1
Reply 18
1&1 are the best you'll find, imo.
Reply 19
Original post by asdalol
word of advice: stay the **** away from 1and1

What's wrong with 1and1? :unsure:

Latest

Trending

Trending