The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Question

I've filled out most of my Cambridge SAQ after my college finally sent in my app, 3 weeks after I submitted it to them

For the additional personal statement, have you just written why you particularly like the course, of have you put a little about cambridge itself, maybe college systems and societies you want to join? 1200 characters isn't much, so I wondered what anyone else did.

Cheers!
:o:
I have cenetered mine around the specifics of thier course, perhaps aspects that attracted me far and beyond what the other courses did. Better to stick to academic aspects me thinks, =]

<3
Reply 2
ClaireW2708
I've filled out most of my Cambridge SAQ after my college finally sent in my app, 3 weeks after I submitted it to them

For the additional personal statement, have you just written why you particularly like the course, of have you put a little about cambridge itself, maybe college systems and societies you want to join? 1200 characters isn't much, so I wondered what anyone else did.

Cheers!
:o:
last year i wrote about 4 lines in that section - i just said i liked college system at cambridge and the idea of supervisions. also said i was looking forward to meeting people like me.
i kept it short because i didn't really want to write anything else as i'd put most of it in my actual personal statement. it didn't matter anyway coz i still got an interview.
i'd just keep it short and sweet if i were you unless you have more to say
Reply 3
hannah_vet
last year i wrote about 4 lines in that section - i just said i liked college system at cambridge and the idea of supervisions. also said i was looking forward to meeting people like me.
i kept it short because i didn't really want to write anything else as i'd put most of it in my actual personal statement. it didn't matter anyway coz i still got an interview.

did you get in?
Reply 4
evereddy
did you get in?

err no - hence why my sig says REapplying.
doesn't mean my advice is any less valid though coz i just messed up on the questions and the bmat.
Reply 5
i don't know how to say I like the concept of colleges with out sounding too keen.
Reply 6
hannah_vet

I did not write anything in that section as my head of sixth form advised me not to.

What did you get asked about at interview? I'm having mine in Kuala Lumpur this upcoming Thursay!! I am very nervouss!!!! Do I have to go over my AS Biology and Chemistry??? I totally forgot everything from last year and have no idea on the topic I'm currently studying at school. :frown: Give me some advice pleaseeee! Thank you!!
Reply 7
BeLLe~*
I did not write anything in that section as my head of sixth form advised me not to.

What did you get asked about at interview? I'm having mine in Kuala Lumpur this upcoming Thursay!! I am very nervouss!!!! Do I have to go over my AS Biology and Chemistry??? I totally forgot everything from last year and have no idea on the topic I'm currently studying at school. :frown: Give me some advice pleaseeee! Thank you!!

wow thats so soon, but why is you interview in kuala lumpur if you are in thailand? and GOOD LUCK!
Reply 8
BeLLe~*

i got asked GCSE/AS chemistry questions, i got asked about my dairy farm work experience. umm some A2 biology stuff (which at that point i obviously didn't get or understand) - i think it's stuff like that they expect you to read on in your course/do extra reading/worl/ ermm i got asked about disease control and vaccinations. i would revise all your science yes and read about your work experience (?)
Reply 9
hannah_vet
i got asked GCSE/AS chemistry questions, i got asked about my dairy farm work experience. umm some A2 biology stuff (which at that point i obviously didn't get or understand) - i think it's stuff like that they expect you to read on in your course/do extra reading/worl/ ermm i got asked about disease control and vaccinations. i would revise all your science yes and read about your work experience (?)

OMGGGG!! I did not expect they would ask that much on academic stuffs. :frown:
Did they ask any questions that require you to think on your feet? I am really worried about that and yeah the GCSE/A Level stuffs too.
Thank you very muchhh!!

Annaconda
wow thats so soon, but why is you interview in kuala lumpur if you are in thailand? and GOOD LUCK!

Kuala Lumpur is the interview centre in Asia (used to be in Singapore) so I guess all the Asians go there for interview. Thank you for the wish! :smile:
Hey! I'm currenty completing my SAQ, what am i meant to do for my AS topics, do I just put my module titles (ie Geography, managing physical environments, managing change in human environments). The thing is,f or my physics, the module titles don't give much clue to what i have actually studied, for example one module is called GCS Physics A Unit 1
Original post by JustHoping
Hey! I'm currenty completing my SAQ, what am i meant to do for my AS topics, do I just put my module titles (ie Geography, managing physical environments, managing change in human environments). The thing is,f or my physics, the module titles don't give much clue to what i have actually studied, for example one module is called GCS Physics A Unit 1

I'd imagine the Course Code will tell them everything they need to know and the UMS score should standardise everything, although the individual mark is proving quite hard to find out. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending