The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You got 3/5. Trust me.
2/5. sounds stupid but thats the way they score it.
You could still get an interview but you'd need 5/5 for ps, reference and academics
T kay
My lowest section score was 500.

Does this mean I score 3/5 or would I have needed 501+ to score 3/5?

I need to decide my uni choices by tomorrow and would really like to put Leicester down. But if I score 2/5 on UKCAT that would mean I would need 9/10 for reference and PS to get the 16/20 for interview (have 5/5 for academics). That would be a bit risky.

+rep to whoever clears this up for me.

someone last year had 600 as their lowest score, and got 3/5, so 500 would be 2/5.

Hippysnake
You got 3/5. Trust me.

what's that raep thing all about :p:
Reply 4
I'm thinking that I agree with 2/5. On there website it says all scores larger than 500 = 3. Not larger than or equal to 500 = 3
Reply 5
crazy_smurf
2/5. sounds stupid but thats the way they score it.
You could still get an interview but you'd need 5/5 for ps, reference and academics

I already have 5/5 academics (GCSE: 6A*,1A,1B, A-levels, AAAAa). So I won't need 5 in both PS and ref but I'll need 9/10. I think it'll be risky applying but I really really want to go to Leicester. My friend who's at Leicester got 9/10 last year and my ref will be written by the same person and after reading his ps, it's not dissimilar to mine. But 9/10! You think I should apply?
T kay
I already have 5/5 academics (GCSE: 6A*,1A,1B, A-levels, AAAAa). So I won't need 5 in both PS and ref but I'll need 9/10. I think it'll be risky applying but I really really want to go to Leicester. My friend who's at Leicester got 9/10 last year and my ref will be written by the same person and after reading his ps, it's not dissimilar to mine. But 9/10! You think I should apply?

Its a toughie :p: The threshold for interview could go up or down (last year it was 16 or 17 right?). You'd probs get 5/5 for reference as well, and 5/5 for academics, so 4/5 would do for the personal statement section. Are those achieved grades?, if so that'll work in your favour also. If you apply wisely for the other three (ie less risky) then apply for leicester if you really wanna go there :smile:
Reply 7
crazy_smurf
Its a toughie :p: The threshold for interview could go up or down (last year it was 16 or 17 right?). You'd probs get 5/5 for reference as well, and 5/5 for academics, so 4/5 would do for the personal statement section. Are those achieved grades?, if so that'll work in your favour also. If you apply wisely for the other three (ie less risky) then apply for leicester if you really wanna go there :smile:

I think 16 was the threshold last year. I had an interview there, it is a really nice place but I was rejected
Reply 8
crazy_smurf

I'm pretty sure it was 16.

The thing is I've registered my BMAT for Oxford. So that's one risky option.

I have achieved grades. So I have 7/10. Assuming I get 5 for the reference, that's 12/16. Then I would need 4/5 which is do-able but playing with fire!

This is my fourth option, and it's between Leicester and Liverpool. Liverpool won't look at my UKCAT but I'm not sure if I'd like staying there for 5 years. But I have friends in Leicester and friends who are applying to Leicester, I know I'd love studying there.

Dilemma!
Reply 9
T kay

I have achieved grades. So I have 7/10. Assuming I get 5 for the reference, that's 12/16. Then I would need 4/5 which is do-able but playing with fire!

This is my fourth option, and it's between Leicester and Liverpool. Liverpool won't look at my UKCAT but I'm not sure if I'd like staying there for 5 years. But I have friends in Leicester and friends who are applying to Leicester, I know I'd love studying there.

Dilemma!

Leicester do interview a lot of there candidates. I think they give out about 900 interviews last year. There may be some risk with 2/5 for UKCAT but the choice is yours.
T kay

Dilemma!

ooh tough situation :eek3: obviously its your decision at the end of the day but if you don't really want to go liverpool then apply to leicester, its not as if you've got no chance :wink:
can somebody how this system works
is it /5 for reference, ukcat, personal statement and grades?
if so, how does the grades part work,
trektor
I think 16 was the threshold last year. I had an interview there, it is a really nice place but I was rejected

sorry to hear that mate, are you on a gappie atm, if so where are you applying?
Reply 13
How about Bristol, not too far and your GCSE's are great. Plus they don't take the UKCAT.
clad in armour
can somebody how this system works
is it /5 for reference, ukcat, personal statement and grades?
if so, how does the grades part work,

from what i've read:
AAA prediction and 3 A*'s at gcse = 5/5
AAA pred and < 3 A* =4
AAB pred and 3 a*'s = 3
AAB pred and < 3 A*'s = 2
AAB pred and general fail = 1

this is by no means definite :smile:
crazy_smurf
from what i've read:
AAA prediction and 3 A*'s at gcse = 5/5
AAA pred and < 3 A* =4
AAB pred and 3 a*'s = 3
AAB pred and < 3 A*'s = 2
AAB pred and general fail = 1

this is by no means definite :smile:

so what would A*AB and >3A*s score
Reply 16
crazy_smurf
sorry to hear that mate, are you on a gappie atm, if so where are you applying?

yep I am a gapper. I sent in my application yesterday to: Manchester, Nottingham, Cardiff and Hull York Medical School
clad in armour

well if im correct isn't cambridge the only one considering the A* grade this year?

so i'd assume you'd get 3
Reply 18
1 Formula
How about Bristol, not too far and your GCSE's are great. Plus they don't take the UKCAT.

I think there's more risk attached to Bristol with the number of applicants that apply there.
clad in armour

:dontknow: They might consider A* and A the same and so you'd get 3. maybe. You'd be better off contacting them directly :smile:

trektor
yep I am a gapper. I sent in my application yesterday to: Manchester, Nottingham, Cardiff and Hull York Medical School

good luck with those choices mate, hope it goes well for you :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending