The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London

Hello all.
I am from India and wan't to apply to imperial college london for engineering as an international student.

Performance so far:
TOEFL ibt 110/120

SAT Subject tests
maths level 2 800/800
maths level 1 750/800
physics 800/800

I got 93% in my grade 10 ( central board ), and presently in grade 12 (central board).
I am national level cyclists and won a gold, a silver and a bronze in state cycling championships.

I cleared 3 stages of Indian national maths olympiad ( only 100 students selected all over india)
Questions:
Q1) Are A levels required?

Q2) If yes, then tell me the last month when i could appear so that my result reaches imperial college london in time. ( i have my central board exams in march 2010, can i appear for A levels in April 2010)

Q3) I expect A*A*A* in maths physics and higher mathematics, WHAT ARE MY CHANCES TO GET INTO IMP COLL?

Q4) Shall I send my sat subject test scores to colleges?

I don't need scholarship.

Kindly reply soon.

Thanks in advance.
1. Not as far as I'm aware, better off asking Imperial that.
2. If you did have to apply for A-levels, then exams are conducted between late May and July, usually in June.
3. Given the competition for places at Imperial, particularly for international places given it's reputation, then they're still pretty good, but nobody is guaranteed entry to Imperial.
4. Not sure.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Email them instead of showing off your results online.cool story bro
Hasan
Email them instead of showing off your results online.cool story bro

This exactly. Threads like this make me rage.

'OMGZZZ I GOT 9 A*s AND 1 A WILL I GET INTO IMPERIAL GUUUYYYYZZ HELP ME I SO WANT TO GO TO IMPERIAL'

:mad:
Reply 4
carreshwell
Hello all.
I am from India and wan't to apply to imperial college london for engineering as an international student.

Performance so far:
TOEFL ibt 110/120

SAT Subject tests
maths level 2 800/800
maths level 1 750/800
physics 800/800

I got 93% in my grade 10 ( central board ), and presently in grade 12 (central board).
I am national level cyclists and won a gold, a silver and a bronze in state cycling championships.

I cleared 3 stages of Indian national maths olympiad ( only 100 students selected all over india)
Questions:
Q1) Are A levels required?

Q2) If yes, then tell me the last month when i could appear so that my result reaches imperial college london in time. ( i have my central board exams in march 2010, can i appear for A levels in April 2010)

Q3) I expect A*A*A* in maths physics and higher mathematics, WHAT ARE MY CHANCES TO GET INTO IMP COLL?

Q4) Shall I send my sat subject test scores to colleges?

I don't need scholarship.

Kindly reply soon.

Thanks in advance.

What happened?!??! :eek:
Reply 5
You are joking, right?
Go to USA, don't come to this inferno.
Reply 6
carreshwell
Hello all.

Have you checked the qualifications they accept?
I vaguely remember reading something about them not accepting Indian qualifications but i could be wrong.
However, If I am correct, then you would probably need to do A-Levels.

Call them up and check.

Also, what do you mean you expect A*s in your subjects? As in A-levels?

SATs don't really matter for admission in UK Universities do they? Unless, of course, you're from USA. However, it doesn't hurt and it's another qualification they can judge you by.

BTW, :eek: at your SAT
haha only because I just got 750 in my Math level2 :p: :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending