Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Twilight: What is all the fuss about???

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is talking about Twilight. I have managed to gather it is about a vampire called Edward. But why is everyone going crazy about it, is it the book or the film or what? Can someone please explain this to me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know alot of people seem obsessed with it because theres a guy in it who everyone seems to think he is hot.

Other than that, I know nothing about it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Use the search function.

kthxbai
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's lame. How is a vampire in sunlight going to sparkle with glitter, rather than burn?

Come on now...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mr Pattinson :sogood:

The books are nothing special, just good trashy romance for those depraved teen girls :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

I watched it the other week (never heard of the book before then) and at the end I was thinking to myself, 'Is this it? Is this what everybody on facebook have been obsessing about for weeks?!'

It's not bad, but it's hardly amazing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    shut up.

twilight is amazing.

the movies are pretty crap but the books are soo good.

Its cos its what every girl wants ... you know..going with the bad guy.. whos all protective n stuff...

guys wont get it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's ****.

Basically the author threw together every cliched concept she could think of that would appeal to teenage girls and wrapped them up in one story that was bound to appeal to them. Namely a forbidden love, a brooding dangerous man who has a soft center, a vampire that has gone against the norms and refuses to drink blood blah blah.

It's like Louis from Interview with the Vampire but substantially toned down for teens and without all the gothic coolness that Interview with the Vampire had. Just utter trash that only teenage girls or girls in their 20's that don't want to grow up and still like the Harry Potter books, will like.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouKat)
    Its cos its what every girl wants ...
    Well I don't bloody want it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing special it's just basically Stephenie Meyer's fantasy all compiled in a book. The vampires aren't even vampires and she even thinks her four novels are superior to any vampire book and love story like Charlotte Bronte's novels because her hero doesn't have flaws or something or other.

It's nothing to fuss over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The author is really shockingly bad. In defence of the film, Robert Pattinson IS stunning. I think that's all it's got going for it, really.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue, ive read the books, seen the film..and have concluded it's a series for little girls who've never been in a serious relationship yet, and are virgins..really deluded book on life and relationships!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It amazes me how the author managed to churn out four dire books one after the other. Good writers could do it in one - two at a push. When you read it, you realise how verbose everything really is.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Not a clue, ive read the books, seen the film..and have concluded it's a series for little girls who've never been in a serious relationship yet, and are virgins..really deluded book on life and relationships!
    Should be like that but it isn't the fanbase mainly consists of mums in their thirties and they even have their own website twilightmoms.org.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Should be like that but it isn't the fanbase mainly consists of mums in their thirties and they even have their own website twilightmoms.org.

ok sex deprived mums...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    lol calm down...
    well if you took the time to read all the books and see the film and discuss it on this forum you cant have thought it was that bad.
    Its just a good story thats all... only stupid people base it on real life..i agree its too far all that team edward/jacob crap tho.

and why virgins lol?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've read it. It sucks. So does the movie.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is the fuss about? The fuss is Edward. All girls go crazy for that vampire. ****, If Blade was still around he would of chopped of his vampire nuts by now. :rofl2:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:

Lestat > Edward :coma:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit of escapism, that's all. It's a story about vampires, werewolves, love and romance.
    It's not a bible, it's not even a work of art, but it's a good bit of trashy rubbish you can stick your head into when you're wanting to escape for a while.

The books and the films have created an entire community world-wide. I've made some wicked friends over in the Twilight society and have been to Twilight conventions, met the actors and made some real life friends.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2009
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.