The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Heya, I did health and crime and it went alrite. Health was better topics than crime for me though I didnt think the courtoom question was *that* bad lol I felt like i'd spontaneously developed arthritis after i'd finished writing tho.... :biggrin:
Just done crime. I did q.1 on crime prevention and q.4 on offender profiling. Thought it went very well really. All i found hard was time, i would of loved an extra 30minutes, still had more to write.
Reply 3
Howdo. First post here.

I didn't revise as hard as I should of, but I know Noise rather well so that was fantastic as a question B. I would have prefered Density and Crowding as an A, though.

I made studies up for both section A questions, Catastrophe and Crime prevention. Let's hope they assume my 'knowledge' is correct.

Ps- I'm not fat.
Reply 4
8 Lucky number
Just done crime. I did q.1 on crime prevention and q.4 on offender profiling. Thought it went very well really. All i found hard was time, i would of loved an extra 30minutes, still had more to write.

What were the reasons you put that police should have used offender profiles then? that was the reason why I didn't do that Question.

I planned my time badly IMO, not bcause I ran out, but because I had 5 min free for the Education paper (which I added a bit more stuff) and about 5 minutes free for the Crime too.
Reply 5
I only revised 5 topics for health..and all the 4 questions were one of the 5topics i revised! HOW LUCKY IS THAT!!!

Even luckier is this...I only revised offender profiling and offender punishments for crime and they both came up!! I couldnt believe my luck in the exam room!!

Bring on results day :biggrin:
why police should you offender profiling, well i talked about the nature of the crime. Canter (1994) describes the types of crimes for which profiling is most suitable, so i integrated this into my answer.
I also included a study by Copson et al (1995). This was an interview with police officers to gauge their attitudes to profiling. The results support it's use, and with the sample being police officers, i think this is pretty good support as to why police should use it.
Reply 7
I did Psychology of Testimony for section B and Crime Prevention for section A. I thought it went alright not particularly well and not particularly awful, just somewhere in between.

Latest

Trending

Trending