The Student Room Group

Transport or iPhone

Hey,

I have no clue where to put this question so here goes nothing. I currently attend KCL and I live around 1 to 2 hours (depends on traffic) on the 25 bus so it's a long and boring journey. I want to get a month's underground with my 18+ card costing me around 70 per month. The bus on the other hand will cost me just £1 per journey. The thing with the bus is it's slow, boring and well alway packed. I was thinking, if I get an iPhone I can leave my house really early, go on youtube, play with some apps till I get to uni. The phone will cost 35/mon for 24 months costing me way over £800. Which should I get, 1 month underground travel card for £70 for the next 5 months or the phone?

I hate TFL - it should be much cheaper for students.
well the iphone is cheaper per month isn;t it even with the bus fare?

iphone has other uses too

that said time is more important to me so i owuld get the tube
Reply 2
I would get the phone.
Surely an MP3/4 player would be a cheaper alternative to an iPhone? Why can't you just spent a couple of hundred quid on an mp3 player then load it up with music and movies to keep you occupied for your long journeys.

Sounds like you're trying to justify spending £800 on an iPhone when cheaper alternatives are available.
Reply 4
Clubber Lang
well the iphone is cheaper per month isn;t it even with the bus fare?

iphone has other uses too

that said time is more important to me so i owuld get the tube

Yeah same, I want to sleep for longer, plus university is only for like 4 to 5 months so overall it would be cheaper than a 24 month contract. But I really hate the bus.
Reply 5
Get the new PSPGo. It will be perfect for your journeys. (If not get a PSP-3000 which is cheaper or maybe a DS)
Reply 6
Nizzay!
Get the new PSPGo. It will be perfect for your journeys. (If not get a PSP-3000 which is cheaper or maybe a DS)

I need a new phone also, gaming isn't my main focus, internet mostly
iPhone :smile: I've found it really good in instances say when the lecturer is talking about a new topic I can quickly look it up and I can read that whilst listening to them. The apps/youtube/ipod are all good for keeping you occupied, and I use the calendar as my diary. Theres loads of other useful apps aswell which you would find out. Maybe try get hold of one first and have a search before you go and buy it. My iPhone is my lifeline :/ haha.
Reply 8
Ilora-Danon
Surely an MP3/4 player would be a cheaper alternative to an iPhone? Why can't you just spent a couple of hundred quid on an mp3 player then load it up with music and movies to keep you occupied for your long journeys.

Sounds like you're trying to justify spending £800 on an iPhone when cheaper alternatives are available.

I have a Nano - but I would rather spend the money to get an iphone for internet, a better phone and i could kill a lot of time on it ... But also I want to get to lecture faster.
Well, the youth of today want it all and not have to compromise.
No doubt you'll end up buying an iPhone anyway, whether it's sensible or affordable or not. But hey, it's not my call mate!
Or you could get an HTC Hero which can do all of the above but for much less money.
DoMakeSayThink
Or you could get an HTC Hero which can do all of the above but for much less money.

This person makes the most sense. :yep:
Time is money?

Latest

Trending

Trending