The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Move to Sweden! Sweden is awesome, and we dont all have meatballs for breakfast and sing abba songs in our volvo whilst driving to our job at Ikea :biggrin:

I must say, there is something incredibly satisfying with having a barbecue at 11pm in broad day light, theres a certain atmosphere.. its late but its light and warm.. theres free school meals, free university, country with one of the longest days of when you had a baby countries, friendly well educated people.. list goes on soo long..

America is NOT as good as people might think, theres a lot of racism and really ignorant people, more crime, soo many things..
Diaz89
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219743/Britain-worst-place-live-Europe-despite-big-pay-packets.html

I totally agree, ever since 2001, this country for some reason went to ****. Even celebrations like Christmas don't feel as they used to. Everyone is so hostile and bitter towards everyone else in the street and thought of waking up at 7:am everyday for Uni in this dreary Grey weather is just so ******* depressing.

I wish I could just move to the US
, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.

Enjoy the healthcare.
Oh it is.

But Britain is the benchmark for european countries.

They hold themselves up to us as a comparison. just as britain holds itself up in comparison to london and the world holds itself up in comparison to USA
Reply 43
I definitely wouldn't want to move, at least not permanently.
the quality of life is so low in london now

if rich people pulled out now and dispersed evenly around the country, london would actually be unlivable

luckily rich people do want to live in london
Reply 45
The polish seem to think britain is heaven. So I may be going out on a limb here but i'm going to say Britain is far better than poland at very least.
Reply 46
I don't like Britain either and can't wait to get out.
I love it here. If you don't, then GTFO surely.

Although I've always had a special place in my heart for Vienna :love: I could so easily relocate there...
I quite like living in Britain, Wales is especially nice and lovely. There are worse places...

Plus your only as happy as you make yourself. I am happy because I don't let negative stuff get to me.
Harv616
Daily Mail?

Seriously?

in all fairness it was in the metro as well.

Which stated (if im recalling correctly) that though we have the highest levels of pay in Europe we also have the longest working week with fewer holidays and more of our income just goes on keeping us fed clothed and warm - we spend less money on luxuries as opposed to Europe.

would i leave the UK - part of me says yes part of me says no. Yes i ahve gripes with it, but i also like it here as well
I'm not sure about it being the WORST place in the whole of Europe, but definately in western europe it is an absolute hole! The scandinavian countries walk all over Britain in just about everything. The only thing Britain is leading in right now is with it's financial capital London...and they'll probably lose that in the decade to the rising financial superpowers of Asia.

I liked Britain of the earlier times, now it's just an absolute hell hole unfortunately...yes it's one of the most reputable nations on the planet but what does that do for us civilians? Quality of life is what it's all about, this country needs to do more to improve the lifestyle and the broken culture of society..serving the people should be priority!
I love being British, but in the state it is right now I'd leave it with the snap of my fingers. I plan to move after graduation anyway.
I think if people hate it here it is because of them, not the country.
It's not thaaaaat bad. But I don't think my life would be complete without living somewhere else at one point. I'm bored of the UK.
Reply 53
Diaz89
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219743/Britain-worst-place-live-Europe-despite-big-pay-packets.html

I totally agree, ever since 2001, this country for some reason went to ****. Even celebrations like Christmas don't feel as they used to. Everyone is so hostile and bitter towards everyone else in the street and thought of waking up at 7:am everyday for Uni in this dreary Grey weather is just so ******* depressing.

I wish I could just move to the US, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.

This is starting to P**S me off!

I would rather live here than the US any day ... or France or Germany.

That's a dumb article from a dumber source. Any how, go ahead and move to the US...bye.
Oh come now it's not that bad. It can be a rather delightful place sometimes.
Reply 55
Ha, theres so many places that are worse than Britain and Daily Mail reeeeeeeeaaaally isn't the most reliable of newspapers, is it now?

We could do with less chav's though... Oh how great Britain would be without chav's...
One can dream...
Reply 56
It found that Britons enjoy the highest after-tax household income, which, at £35,730-a-year, is more than £10,000 above the European average.

I like money so I guess I'll stay :gah:
Reply 57
Diaz89

I wish I could just move to the US, everyone is just so much happier there, even though they look soooooo much older than British people for some reason.

Wrong!
1st Malta is the worst country to live in Europe but I guess the population being under 200,000 makes it irrelevant. Anyway, all those "problems" listed in the article are worst in Malta than in Britain, especially prices; not to talk about the wages, almost third world country. :frown:

2nd US isn't that great. Obviously it depends on many circumstances but if say you were a very low class citizen life I'll be hard for you and even if you manage to get to middle class (hard indeed) you still would have wasted all your childhood, teens and mid 20ties studying and working for something that perhaps your mate had from birth! That is very unpleasant indeed and not to talk about if you get bankrupt....etc

I personally believe in Britain you'll be more stable and safer than in US which is far more risky unless you had $$$.
Reply 58
Antonia87
Having extensively travelled Europe, I'm inclined to agree. I'd much rather live in France, Germany, or Switzerland - which I shall do once my degree ends.

I've got family in Hamburg and go there quite often (2-3 times a year).

It's a great city, less crowds, a lot cleaner etc, but I feel attached to this county.
i love it here no matter what!

Latest

Trending

Trending