The Student Room Group

help please!

so im in year 11 of my gcse school year.
i really want to get A*'s,A's and B's for my final gcse grade.i am currently studying for a foundation paper for maths and science.
and the highest i can get in maths is C.
and for science is a B.
i have not yet told my parents as they are counting on me to get higher grades.i really don't know what to do.
i admit that i am trying my very best so far since the school year has started.i am concentrating in class, revising every day after school, and doing homework.i admit i am trying soooooo much more compared to last year.tbh last year i did not bother.
and it has really hit me that if i want to do medicine in uni i will never get there with these grades.
is there a way for my to improve and get moved into higher sets in school before the actual exam.
i am so worried.
please help.all the advice i recieve will benefit me alot and i will appreciate it very much.
thankyouuu! :smile::woo:
too many legs.
so im in year 11 of my gcse school year.
i really want to get A*'s,A's and B's for my final gcse grade.i am currently studying for a foundation paper for maths and science.
and the highest i can get in maths is C.
and for science is a B.
i have not yet told my parents as they are counting on me to get higher grades.i really don't know what to do.
i admit that i am trying my very best so far since the school year has started.i am concentrating in class, revising every day after school, and doing homework.i admit i am trying soooooo much more compared to last year.tbh last year i did not bother.
and it has really hit me that if i want to do medicine in uni i will never get there with these grades.
is there a way for my to improve and get moved into higher sets in school before the actual exam.
i am so worried.
please help.all the advice i recieve will benefit me alot and i will appreciate it very much.
thankyouuu! :smile::woo:

It's great that you're trying so hard, keep it up :smile: If you really want to take the higher tier papers, then talk to your head of year or your maths and science teachers, and explain to them that you are aiming for higher grades, and ask if you can sit the higher paper. Good luck!
Reply 2
There's no way to get higher grades unless you take the higher papers. If you want to do these then talk to your teachers and form tutor. And talk to your parents - they could help persuade the school to let you take higher papers. Getting parents involved works from primary school through to university :biggrin:

How often do sets at your school change? At mine, it was only at the start of every school year that people moved sets. Very few students moved during the year, especially in year 10 and 11, so talking to the subject teacher and head of year was the only way.

Good luck with your exams :smile:
thankyou so much!

i have asked my teacher if i can be moved into a the science set that is above me.
in that set they will be doing the foundation paper in january and if you get a C or B you can do the higher tier paper in november.
this will make me so happy if i get into the other set.it gives me such a big oppurtunity to aim high. :p:

and i have decided that for maths i just have to try and try until i am good enough to be moved into a higher set.
there tends to be a couple of students moving up or down in our sets.
this if after two/three test to see how we are progressing on.

ty again.i am really happy now.i really think i have a chance.
:jumphug:

Latest