The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
2nd week is not meant to be easy.

They do publish statistics. http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/planning/statistics/collegestatistics has percentage of firsts etc
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
learner_dancer
Virtually everyone on my course has no social life whatsoever either, and sometimes it gets a bit boring, especially when I actually have done the work and could do with a drink or a meal out. But NO, everyone else is doing further reading or research or whatever.

I've been out every night. I'm a computing student. I've also done the work.. (ish) The joys of Beit :biggrin:
taniubi
Maybe there are many nerds in your course getting 3rd.

Let's see what degree i can get, shall we?

And what did you get?

I really want to meet you~ and have a look at what kind of people is sexually satisfied.

What course are you doing? What grade?

Who gives a crap what degree you get? With the kind of attitude you seem to have about dealing with other people, you're never going to get a decent job or rise very far. University is not just about the degree you get, you have to realise this now or you will waste your time.
mituozo
I've been out every night. I'm a computing student. I've also done the work.. (ish) The joys of Beit :biggrin:

Awesome. OK- everyone except one person on my course...
learner_dancer
Virtually everyone on my course has no social life whatsoever either, and sometimes it gets a bit boring, especially when I actually have done the work and could do with a drink or a meal out. But NO, everyone else is doing further reading or research or whatever.

LOL... this is entirely based on the 2-3 people you met ... :rolleyes:
darkness9999
LOL... this is entirely based on the 2-3 people you met ... :rolleyes:

and the 2-3 that you've met too...
OK maybe I was judging a bit too much, but none of the people I've met at the nights out were doing my course. Did you change to JMC in the end then?
Reply 46
learner_dancer
Awesome. OK- everyone except one person on my course...

I take it back. I spent all day today in labs trying to get the stupid modPow and smith numbers working.
Reply 47
taniubi
I meant to ask The Dancer, anyway, I am doing JMC, first years.

Sigh Taniubi, you will have more noisy days to come. Problems classes will be noisy, the Maths library will be noisy. I bet even lectures are noisy given the amount of Maths freshers we have this year.
Maths lectures are pretty noisy. And everyone is coughing. EVERYONE.
Reply 49
jennikay
If you ever want to go out - invite me, PLEASE :puppyeyes:

Seriously.

LOL desperate. :hahaha:
learner_dancer
Did you change to JMC in the end then?

Hmm... he still wants me to wait ... even though some people changed from JMC to either straight maths or computing :s-smilie: ... I should be informed by next week... :smile:

How are you finding it?
HCD
LOL desperate. :hahaha:

You'd be ****ing desperate if you had corridor-mates as boring as mine.

...I wish I was joking.
Reply 52
jennikay
You'd be ****ing desperate if you had corridor-mates as boring as mine.

...I wish I was joking.

COME OUT WITH ME, I'M FUN. :awesome:

Spoiler

HCD
COME OUT WITH ME, I'M FUN. :awesome:

Spoiler

Sure :awesome: let me know when you move into your flat.
Reply 54
jennikay
Sure :awesome: let me know when you move into your flat.

At this rate, I will have already graduated by the time this happens. :pierre:
Reply 55
taniubi
You might be right too. I also enjoy the 'poker face'.
But the fact is I am really proud of my minority identity.
And majority is an insult to me.
I think working in the LAB until late without any disturbence is the happiest thing, considering the fact that i choose to study but not have no other options.
If a nation consider studying sad, then no wonder it is collapsing.

Is asking people to be quiet in a quiet computing LAB too fastidious ?

to be honest mate, imperial (believe it or not) is very tame in comparison to other universities. If you are not happy with british culture, then jog on you saddact! YOU chose to come here and embrace british way of life, no one did tht for you. Don't impinge ur misery upon everyone else who wants to have fun.
Reply 56
OP, you sound like a massive dullard. Grow up, accept that other people will want to do different things to you and at least make an attempt to be sociable and not a total tool.
If you hate it so much then leave :yep:
I think that's enough of that.

Latest

Trending

Trending