The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Chemistry is very memory intensive at A-level. I don't know about IB.
Chemistry is ALOT of memorizing, I havn't done it at a-level but I think english wouldn't be alot of memorizing because it's virtually all understanding and just using your reading/writing skills.
Reply 3
In media you dont really have to memorise a lot.
Playboy king, I found English to be a lot of memorising.
Reply 4
English.
Reply 5
Shazzam123
English.

Have you done english?!
you have to memorise quotes from books for closed texts exams. Also you do have to memorise literary terms, themes, characters and historical context.

I think art (unless it has a theory exam) requires no memorising.
Reply 6
Languages I'd say (at least ones that you speak reasonably well and that don't require you to actually memorise vocabulary, like English presumably). You have to remember a few literary terms but that's pretty much it...you'll remember the books by reading them and you can analyse passages and poems on the spot.
Reply 7
Wait, whats IB?
Lauren__x
Wait, whats IB?

troll? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/International_Baccalaureate

Maths definitely.
Reply 9

Why the hell would that make me a troll, ridiculous.
pina.Love

I think art (unless it has a theory exam) requires no memorising.

True unless it's an art history exam or you have to give a presentation. All work is really producing new works and developing of ideasl, research etc based off a brief.
Lauren__x
Why the hell would that make me a troll, ridiculous.

I suppose the IB forum is pretty low key around here. I don't have any friends that don't know what the IB is, and most aren't doing it.
Reply 12
fizzicsfiend
I suppose the IB forum is pretty low key around here. I don't have any friends that don't know what the IB is, and most aren't doing it.

Guess I must just be a bit retarded:dontknow::p:
Generally:
English Literature
Mathematics
Physics
the Arts

this is a bit of a lame question though, e.g. Chemistry comes naturally to me, while I drudgingly have to memorize my physics coursework. & if you don't have to 'memorize', you'll have to a lot of analyzing/examples/writing/making something to make up for the factual intake. :/
Biology on OCR has very little memorising. You have to understand stuff to be able to use it. I didn't memorise much and ccame out with an A; its something like 20% memorising, 80% understanding.
pina.Love
Have you done english?!
you have to memorise quotes from books for closed texts exams. Also you do have to memorise literary terms, themes, characters and historical context.

Yes I have done English. Quotes are the only thing you need to remember in English, and that itself is very easy to do. With English you learn the subject, you don't memorise it. You become it.
Shazzam123
Yes I have done English. Quotes are the only thing you need to remember in English, and that itself is very easy to do. With English you learn the subject, you don't memorise it. You become it.

become it? :eyebrow:
Reply 17
Yes I have been thinking about HL English a lot...but is it really hard? I read a lot but I don't know if I am that good at analysing. My predicted IGCSE English is a A/B.
pina.Love
become it? :eyebrow:

hahaaha!

Latest

Trending

Trending