The Student Room Group

Advice for a friend

I have a friend who tried to sign up to TSR but unfortunately couldn't because she only has a hotmail email address. How this forum has so many users who don't have hotmail email addresses I don't know, but that isn't the point. She asked me to post this on her behalf:

Is getting a psychology degree and then doing teacher training afterwards a good way forwards if I am thinking of becoming a junior school or special needs teacher, or are there other courses I could do instead of psychology? Also, what are some good universities for me to look at for this?

I'm currently doing Psychology, English Literature, Business Studies, Art and Textiles for AS level but dropping Business Studies and Textiles (most probably). I also do have a little bit of experience handling classes of children because I do mentoring at school.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Reply 1
Well if she wants to teach younger children she maybe better doing english as its a core subject. You can do a primary PCGE with any degree but she may find it easier getting a placement with english instead of psychology. Plus if she did drama modules that would be good too. If she wants to work with special needs then she needs plenty of work experience placements in these schools or working with play workers possibly.

Latest

Trending

Trending