The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've never really heard it put that explicitly. There is a "separateness" about Liverpool though, I think. It's like there's a Liverpool-ness which overrides the English-ness.

(eta: I am NOT a manc, by the way).
InvoluntarySlacker
You on about me? :pierre:

Highly unlikely...
LiamSwainy
Widnes are the worst offenders, after Mancs I suppose :biggrin:

I don't mind mancs to be honest, I think Brummie's are up there though.
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Highly unlikely...

Fair enuff.
OhNO!
I've never really heard it put that explicitly. There is a "separateness" about Liverpool though, I think. It's like there's a Liverpool-ness which overrides the English-ness.

(eta: I am NOT a manc, by the way).

Scousers deffo hate Mancs tho, and vice versa lol

They have a soft spot for the Spanish tho, if you go into the LFC store theres Spain flags being sold (no English ones) and on the Kop theres spain, german and irish flags.

And look here: www.liverpoolfc.tv

The lfc channel has never shown and English game, and heres a Spain one :smile:
I'm scouse and of course I support England. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact we have already qualified?
It may be in England but sometimes it does seem like Scousers are talking another language :yes:
Reply 27
i can actually do THE best scouser accent EVER, ask anyone :cool:
Reply 28
spaceman5000
I have 2 scouse mates (both fans of Liverpool FC) and I discussed the England game to them (we lost 1-0 to Ukraine) and they said they weren't bothered. They said ''Were scousers we hate England'' I thought they were joking at first but they weren't.

I spoke about it to my Dad (who lived in Liverpool for 6 years) and he said it was true, many scousers dont associate themselves with England because of how England seems to dislike scousers like they dislike the Welsh, Scottish and Irish. I already knew scousers were a mixture of Irish, Scottish and Welsh (hence the accent) but I never knew they felt this way towards us.

I went back to my Scouse mates who claimed they both really wanted the Rep of Ireland to qualify for the World Cup ''We'd rather Ireland qualified than England'' WTF! I cant belive it, its really weird.

My mates showed me something on LFCTV, it was ''Top ten teams we love to hate'' and England was number 4! They're hatred for England was official, and then I found the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9AWfmoF1c

Apparently many Scousers now support Spain, because of the arrival of Torres and all the other spanish players at LFC. Im not saying all scousers support Spain or hate England (they dont) I mean I doubt every LFC fan hates England and I doubt Everton fans feel the same way.

But this is weird, anyone from Liverpool care to explain lol why the hate? And is it like this anywhere else in the world? Is their a city that hates its own country? :confused:

Woah woah woah, backpeddle a bit, you have scouse mates?!?!?!?!
Reply 29
aliluvschoc
It's because the English hate the scousers? iunno. But that's true of the South, largely.

If you think the South hates them, boy you haven't seen anything till you've gone to Manchester :tongue:

Which I suppose does show that pretty much every city hates the chavvy type scouser. I don't mind the normal ones, who aren't total dick heads about football hooliganism and so on, though they're less common than in other big cities.

I'm quite shocked that they hate england though; I always was under the impression that because the football hooligans seem so passionate, they'd always stick up for England. Along with watching This is England, the scousers seem very patriotic (yeah I know films aren't always true, though it gave me the impression they were the most patriotic people there were).
Reply 30
Kinsula
Wayaye Man

They aint Geordies........
It has a strange ego about it that I've never experienced anywhere else. Scousers are ridiculously over-protective and proud and I hate this attitude because Liverpool has a lot of problems just like everywhere else. I've seen that silly "we are not english we are scouse" and it doesn't make any sense, we are english for christs' sake. And I don't understand why people are so fierce about their football team representing their city when they're all spanish. Pathetic.
Reply 32
When I was in Liverpool, and they found out where I was from, so many used the phrase ''They say Liverpool's the capital of Ireland you know!''

I politely laughed but I was actually just thinking...:confused: ''Never heard that in my life.''
Ben F
If you think the South hates them, boy you haven't seen anything till you've gone to Manchester :tongue:

Which I suppose does show that pretty much every city hates the chavvy type scouser. I don't mind the normal ones, who aren't total dick heads about football hooliganism and so on, though they're less common than in other big cities.

I'm quite shocked that they hate england though; I always was under the impression that because the football hooligans seem so passionate, they'd always stick up for England. Along with watching This is England, the scousers seem very patriotic (yeah I know films aren't always true, though it gave me the impression they were the most patriotic people there were).

Oh do shut up, ''Everyone hates the chavvy scouser'' oh yes coz there's no chavs in Manchester or any other city in England is there :rolleyes:

Most aren't football ''hooligans'' anyway, if anything Man Utd fans are worse than Liverpool now. When the Liverpool fans went to Spain (for Liverpool vs Athletico) the Liverpool fans were singing WITH the Athleti fans, and chanting ''Athletico''

When the Liverpool fans went to Inter, they again were signing with the Inter fans. And the Fiorentina fans also.

And look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3WYeQSl0wc Liverpool fans after the 07 final (they lost) singing with the AC Milan fans (who beat them)

So yes you're wrong.
Reply 34
CinderellaDontGo
Scousers deffo hate Mancs tho, and vice versa

I've never really got any abuse from mancs about being from liverpool, but I don't really have an accent and don't care about football. Liverpool is much more vocal about the Manc/Lpool hatred thing though, definitely, we've got a better sense of humour about it as well, though.
OhNO!
I've never really got any abuse from mancs about being from liverpool, but I don't really have an accent and don't care about football. Liverpool is much more vocal about the Manc/Lpool hatred thing though, definitely, we've got a better sense of humour about it as well, though.

So you're from Liverpool but living in Manchester, I might be in that situation soo. Im nervous, will I get beat up lol?
Reply 36
CinderellaDontGo
So you're from Liverpool but living in Manchester, I might be in that situation soo. Im nervous, will I get beat up lol?

I walk around with a big bag which says, "I love Liverpool" on it (you can get them from utility on bold street if you want one :yes: ) and I've worn it on match days and never got any hassle! So, no, you won't get beaten up. At least, not for being from Liverpool.
OhNO!
I walk around with a big bag which says, "I love Liverpool" on it (you can get them from utility on bold street if you want one :yes: ) and I've worn it on match days and never got any hassle! So, no, you won't get beaten up. At least, not for being from Liverpool.

you probably dont get beat up because you're a girl.

I may aswell as get a bag saying ''Beat the **** out of me'' lol
Reply 38
Im United fan and I personally dont like the England team for two reasons...

1) International games are boring and interrupt the premier league

2) Steven Gerrard plays for England

Also England fans are so fickle, they arse-lick Rooney when its the international games but hate him when its the premiership

UNITED > ENGLAND
Reply 39
CinderellaDontGo
Scousers deffo hate Mancs tho, and vice versa lol

They have a soft spot for the Spanish tho, if you go into the LFC store theres Spain flags being sold (no English ones) and on the Kop theres spain, german and irish flags.

And look here: www.liverpoolfc.tv

The lfc channel has never shown and English game, and heres a Spain one :smile:

And to think Liverpool FC was the protestant club of Liverpool at one point as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending