The Student Room Group

Toilet Attendants in Nightclubs

I've just been clubbing.

On a visit to the gents and a hand wash, I thought it fair that I give a tip to the toilet attendant. The plate was behind his back and I dropped a 50p coin in there.

He flipped.

He turned round, shouted, grabbed my arm and slapped me on the top of the head. He had accused me of stealing his money from the plate. I thought this was out of order so I shouted and protested my innocence until he was convinced I was innocent.

I felt very offended as I do not steal off people. To be accused of this without evidence is out of order and for him to attack me was worse.

He also tried to tell people to leave the toilets so he could continue to assault me. Thank fully they didn't leave. Though he said "You're lucky this time you might not be so lucky next time". He didn't apologise for attacking me either.

Is this a threat? I'm a bit scared of going to the nightclub there again and I shouldn't feel like this because I did not do anything out of line. If he genuinely believed I was trying to steal, then he has every right to defend his property. However, why didn't he inform the security staff rather than take the law into his own hands and attack me?

Though toilets have no CCTV. So what can I do? If I reported this to the club/police, it would just be his word against mine.

I have met many decent toilet attendants who are polite. They earn hardly any money so I don't want this guy to lose his job. Was it wrong for him to attack me or was it right for him to defend himself considering he was so convinced I had been stealing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's why you ignore the big (invariably black) guys with perfume.
Reply 2
Ewan
That's why you ignore the big (invariably black) guys with perfume.

I used to think this but my friend convinced me otherwise. He explained how little they earn and they try really hard to earn some money.

I dropped a 50p coin on to his plate as a kind, polite gesture. This was thrown back into my face, I was treated like a thief and I was physically threatened so much that I had to apologise.
Reply 3
i've only ever come across nice ones...my favourite one sings something like 'sexy ladies freshen up..sucky sucky lollipop' it's great haha
Reply 4
Go to rock clubs, the only toilet attendants there are passed out drunks in the toilets themselves.
Wow you actually have toilet people, the only time you'd want to go to the toilet in my club are when you want stabbed.
Reply 6
Most of them are canny like, nice enough blokes (nearly always jolly black guys too.)
One guy in a local club is a legend, because he does constant rhyming.
"No cologne no go-home" "no nice spray no puss-ay" etc. I forget most of the good ones usually because i'm far gone at that point
Reply 7
Joseph90
I used to think this but my friend convinced me otherwise. He explained how little they earn and they try really hard to earn some money.

I dropped a 50p coin on to his plate as a kind, polite gesture. This was thrown back into my face, I was treated like a thief and I was physically threatened so much that I had to apologise.

Give money to charity if you want to help the poor. This goes on all over the world, and in a lot of places you are expected to pay, simply for using the damn toilets. I'm just glad it hasn't got that bad here in the UK.
Those toilet attendants are a bit of a mixed bag, some, like that one, are complete nutters, others are legends. Don't worry about what happened, it's very unlikely he'll remember you and anyway he probably won't be there the next time you come.
Joseph90
I've just been clubbing.

On a visit to the gents and a hand wash, I thought it fair that I give a tip to the toilet attendant. The plate was behind his back and I dropped a 50p coin in there.

He flipped.

He turned round, shouted, grabbed my arm and slapped me on the top of the head. He had accused me of stealing his money from the plate. I thought this was out of order so I shouted and protested my innocence until he was convinced I was innocent.

I felt very offended as I do not steal off people. To be accused of this without evidence is out of order and for him to attack me was worse.

He also tried to tell people to leave the toilets so he could continue to assault me. Thank fully they didn't leave. Though he said "You're lucky this time you might not be so lucky next time". He didn't apologise for attacking me either.

Is this a threat? I'm a bit scared of going to the nightclub there again and I shouldn't feel like this because I did not do anything out of line. If he genuinely believed I was trying to steal, then he has every right to defend his property. However, why didn't he inform the security staff rather than take the law into his own hands and attack me?

Though toilets have no CCTV. So what can I do? If I reported this to the club/police, it would just be his word against mine.

I have met many decent toilet attendants who are polite. They earn hardly any money so I don't want this guy to lose his job. Was it wrong for him to attack me or was it right for him to defend himself considering he was so convinced I had been stealing.

Just don't bother in most clubs when you go for a piss. Don't look at them because they start offering you that spray and you feel bad for ignoring them.

Also, (as you've learned) don't go near their plate when they're not looking.

Next time you go to that club, just have a quiet word with one of the bouncers as you go in. Explain what happened to him last time you were there. Then when you go back into the toilet explain to the guy what happened, if he flips out (which I doubt) just leave the toilet and go back to the bouncer you went to earlier to get it sorted out. As long as you explain to someone else in the club, if the toilet attendant starts, you'll have someone on your side before everything gets lost in drunken translation and you get chucked out.
Reply 10
Should of kicked him in the balls and smacked his goddam face in.
They confuse the sh!t out of me. What do i do before i go into the toilet? I shake hands, i touch open workspace, i touch food, i touch other people when i hug them, everything. I go into a toilet and have a slash, but dont wash my hands. My johnson is clean, piss is sterile, i've got nothing to lose. I aint gunna give anyone a disease. Washing my hands after i have had a piss is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

I went into the toilets in a nightclub and didnt wash my hands. The attendant looked at me as though i had raped his first born and i just stood there thinking "You're the one that is working in a ****ing toilet!"

Some of them are proper nice but i dont believe there is a decent man in the world that would rather smell **** and spray crap on pissed people than stand outside shouting big issue at people.

/Rant. I apologise.
Reply 12
if this establishment is at least half decent u should tell the guy in charge and get him fired!
Some clubs do have CCTV in toilets - but not in cubicles (that's where it's illegal) so could have reported it.
Reply 14
Plaguerat
Most of them are canny like, nice enough blokes (nearly always jolly black guys too.)
One guy in a local club is a legend, because he does constant rhyming.
"No cologne no go-home" "no nice spray no puss-ay" etc. I forget most of the good ones usually because i'm far gone at that point

They all say that. I wonder if there's like a school they all go to to learn these phrases. Maybe they're all clones?
Reply 15
I hate toilet assistants, they always ask for tips and spray cologne all over you I am left thinking 'Mate I only wanted a wee, bugger off'
Reply 16
lol tis always these big black guys who intimidate you its funny though when drunk just say noooo thanks
Subcutaneous
dude theres a reason why cheryl cole flipped out on a TA, they're cheap dirty scum, probably illegal or sumthin, i had one earlier who told me i was washing my hands wrong..

i just told her to **** off lol

What an ignorant, stuck up thing to say :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Should have pulled out your wallet and said ''Does it look like I need to ******* steal your change?'' that should have shut him up and then just walk out.

(This wouldn't work ofcourse, if your wallet was empty)
Reply 19
If you are worried send in an annoyamous comment to the club about it. Next time don't bother giving them money, looking at them or anything I haven't seen anyone giving them money. First time I saw one I didn't realise it was an attendant, just some random guy standing there watching people pee...

Latest

Trending

Trending