The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Anyone doing Forensic Computing HND

I would like to study Forensic Compuiting next year at Staffordshire University and was just wondering whether anyone else will be taking that course.
Reply 1
Why do you want to do a HND and not a Degree?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Its more of a back up in case I don't get the grades to do the degree. I will do the top up degree afterwards
Reply 3
my flatmate does it now, they do silly modules like IT skills and People skills whereas the degree course has software development, security etc.

it may be the same degree at the end but I can imagine the people who do the full degree all the way through come out of it with a better knowledge and more experience.
Reply 4
Yes I suppose but they wouldn't do a hnd course for forensic compiuting if you didn't get the same knowledge as some1 doing the degree course especially if you intend to do the top up degree
Reply 5
HND and a full degree aren't too disimilar. The only thing I can see is that for a full degree is that you have to do the 3rd year dissertation.

All HND students have the opportunity to do the extra year to top it up to a full degree. I belive the HND is more vocation based, so a HND can certainly be more beneficial than a full degree in some cases!
Reply 6
Ok thank you and I still do the final year project I think
Reply 7
You do-do a 'final year project' on the HND in your second year (got 2 guys doing a HND in my house atm), not sure what you'd do if you did the top-up year (my housemates are, they should probably know).
Hi, I know its been a long time since you have done your top-up degree but how was it compared to the HND and if you moved out did you find suitable accommodation. Reason I am asking is because I will be doing a top-up in a few weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending