The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I don't study there, but isn't the campus for Law in Cornwall? Or do you have a choice?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Just go to Streatham :biggrin:
Reply 3
Streatham is in Exeter, about 20 minutes walk from the main town centre. There again, it never feels like that - it's such a pretty campus, lots of hills and grass and trees and pretty things =) I can't comment on Cornwall as I've never been there - there are people floating around who do go there, so they could =)

And as far as I know, the difference in the course is purely because cornwall is less well known and they want more people to go there - you will still get a Exeter degree. I did hear something about video conference lectures, but I don't know...
python38
-reads sig- So you study there? What's it like? :p:

Both locations seem pretty nice, TBH - of course, the Cornwall one is near the sea, but the Streatham one seems to be in a very hilly, rural location judging by the pictures (or am I way off here?)

I can't visit before applying, btw, since I'm overseas at the moment.

Yep, I just started at Exeter Streatham campus, but am living near St. Luke's, so I get a taste of basically all Exeter (in Exeter) has to offer.

Thing is, Cornwall is too small. And is literally in the middle of nowhere. And quite a few of the lectures there are done by video conference and are taught from Streatham.

Streatham is a great Campus. It's basically takes up a quater the city :p: - and reaches out to the edge of the city, so thats why it looks like it's in a rural location.
It's hard to find anywhere in Exeter which takes more than 30 mins to walk to, and the High Street is only 10 mins away from either St. Luke's or Streatham.And Exeter is only about 20 min drive or 30 min bus ride to the sea I'm sure.

But yeah, Exeter's a lovely place. :smile:
Reply 5
Cornwall want lower entry requirements, AAB - ABB.
Exeter want AAA-AAB.

So I assume the Streatham Campus in Exeter is the better out of the two.

EDIT - Accommodation on the Streatham Campus is quite expensive, I was really surprised. I have a booklet on the accommodation info so ill post up exact costs in a minute.
Reply 6
Catered

[INDENT]Birks Grange[/INDENT][INDENT]

Single standard - £122.92

Single en-suite - £171.50

Twin standard - £108.01

Hope

Single enhanced - £140.35

Twin en-suite - £147.77

Lazenby

Twin standard - £108.01

Lopes

Twin standard - £108.01

Ransom Pickard

Twin enhanced - £124.11

Pennsylvania Court

Holland Hall

Mardon Hall

Twin enhanced - £124.11

St. Luke's Hall
South Cloisters

College House

Nancherrow

[/INDENT]

Self Catered[INDENT]Cook Mews and Llewllyn Mews

Single enhanced - £84.63 (40 weeks)

Northfield

Single en-suite - £119.00 (44 weeks)

Rowancroft

Single en-suite - £106.05 (42 weeks)

Rowancroft Court

Single enhanced - £84.63 (42 weeks)

James Owen Court

Single en-suite - £106.05 (40 weeks)

Lafrowda

Single standard - £69.86

Single enhanced - £84.63 (both 40 weeks)

Northernhay House

Single standard - £89.00

Single en-suite - £99.00 (both 44 weeks)

Rowancroft Mews

Rowe House and St. German's

Single en-suite - £112.91 (40 weeks)

[/INDENT]

I spent ages doing a nicely laid out post, just for it to fail ¬¬
Hope you can read it all.

Also, for self-catered, the following accommodation is NOT inside the Streatham Campus:
Cook Mews and Llewellyn Mews
Northfield
Rowancroft
Rowancroft Court
James Owen Court
Northernhay House
Rowancroft Mews
Reply 7
You can apply to both Cornwall and Streatham if you like. St Lukes doesn't do Law.

Out of interest, why are you applying to do Law if you have Maths, Further Maths and Physics A Levels? SUrely a course more like Maths/Physics/Maths+Physics/Engineering/Maths+Engineering would suit your A Levels more?
Reply 8
Ill have to have a look at some of them, I was disappointed with the accommodation when I went to the uni. St. German's would be the only one id consider as its self catered and en suite, unlike any others.

Also theres some on the site I havent heard of before and arent in this book off the uni which I got last month, so I dont know aha.
Lafrowda doesn't look very nice and whenever I walk past it looks completely dead-- like a ghost town. Maybe that's because everyone is out having a good time because they have extra money for going out though.

Everyone on here makes out like it's the best halls though, so I'll get shot down for saying this.
Reply 10
I went to both open days and I was more taken with the main campus.

The Cornwall campus is a bit to far away from everything...the closest place is asda although they do run buses into the town centre. The accomidation is great but the buildings aren't as pretty :p:
Reply 11
python38
Wonder if the accommodation's cheaper in Cornwall? I might give that a look. Are you applying for entry next year, too?

Yeah im applying next year to do comp sci and maths :biggrin:
Reply 12
THRASHx
Catered

[INDENT]Birks Grange[/INDENT][INDENT]

Twin standard - £108.01

Hope

Twin en-suite - £147.77

Lazenby

Twin standard - £108.01

Lopes

Twin standard - £108.01

Ransom Pickard

Twin enhanced - £124.11

Pennsylvania Court

Holland Hall

Mardon Hall

Twin enhanced - £124.11

St. Luke's Hall
South Cloisters

College House

Nancherrow

[/INDENT]

Self Catered[INDENT]Cook Mews and Llewllyn Mews

Single enhanced - £84.63 (40 weeks)

Northfield

Single en-suite - £119.00 (44 weeks)

Rowancroft

Single en-suite - £106.05 (42 weeks)

Rowancroft Court

James Owen Court

Single en-suite - £106.05 (40 weeks)

Lafrowda

Single standard - £69.86

Single enhanced - £84.63 (both 40 weeks)

Northernhay House

Single standard - £89.00

Single en-suite - £99.00 (both 44 weeks)

Rowancroft Mews

Rowe House and St. German's

Single en-suite - £112.91 (40 weeks)

[/INDENT]

I spent ages doing a nicely laid out post, just for it to fail ¬¬
Hope you can read it all.

Also, for self-catered, the following accommodation is NOT inside the Streatham Campus:
Cook Mews and Llewellyn Mews
Northfield
Rowancroft
Rowancroft Court
James Owen Court
Northernhay House
Rowancroft Mews

You left Point Exe off your list. :mad:

OP Lafrowda isn't cheap because it's far away - it's just very basic, i.e. most standard rooms have bare breezeblock walls. Everyone who lives there loves the atmosphere though apparently.

And yes Exeter is lovely. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Not my fault! I just have a booklet I got off the uni and I included every one which was in there. If I missed any out it isnt my fault, blame the uni!

And I noticed that in Lafrowda, I thought it mustve been newly decorated cus the walls were bare, I didnt realise it was like that intentionally...
Reply 14
THRASHx
Not my fault! I just have a booklet I got off the uni and I included every one which was in there. If I missed any out it isnt my fault, blame the uni!

And I noticed that in Lafrowda, I thought it mustve been newly decorated cus the walls were bare, I didnt realise it was like that intentionally...

Ah very well you are forgiven. :p:

Nope the Laffy rooms I have seen so far are mostly bare walls, although I do know some people who are very excited to have plaster!

Oh and people in Mardon have red lino floors instead of carpet. :biggrin: Just some useful facts OP!
Reply 15
Is the Cornwall campus quite close to the sea? I mean, can you see it? -curious-

I couldn't see the sea but then i only looked out of one window :dontknow:
Peanut42
Ah very well you are forgiven. :p:

Nope the Laffy rooms I have seen so far are mostly bare walls, although I do know some people who are very excited to have plaster!

Oh and people in Mardon have red lino floors instead of carpet. :biggrin: Just some useful facts OP!

Like me !!! Although I was only in my lafrowda enhanced room for 7 days, I had plaster (omg !) and had a very cute little room. I pretty much fell in love with it, and miss it deeply (sniff sniff).
Reply 17
scarlettroxane
Like me !!! Although I was only in my lafrowda enhanced room for 7 days, I had plaster (omg !) and had a very cute little room. I pretty much fell in love with it, and miss it deeply (sniff sniff).

Aw why did you only get it for a week? That is cruel. :no:

Edit: just saw your post in the other thread, you're in Syria?! How come they let you skip first year? That must have been really confusing. :s-smilie:
Peanut42
Aw why did you only get it for a week? That is cruel. :no:

Edit: just saw your post in the other thread, you're in Syria?! How come they let you skip first year? That must have been really confusing. :s-smilie:

Yes I'm in Syria :biggrin: They gave me an assessment when I arrived and said my Arabic level was 2nd year - so they sent me on the year abroad to catch up with the other students. And yeh, it was super confusing ! I had only just arrived back in the UK the wednesday of freshers' week and then i had to leave :frown: and was just starting to feel settled in...... anyway, i'm not complaining, one year less of debt !
Most people I know in Exeter are paying around £70-80/week not including bills. No idea about cornwall again...

Latest