The Student Room Group

Things that irritate you...

I've found that letting all those little things out helps deal with stress and frustration so here goes! Feel free to add your own pet peeves.

Endless Yoville, Farmville requests on facebook. That little bit of tissue that gets stuck to the roll and is consequently wasted :p:. In movies when the "ugly" friend is actually (and pretty much always) pretty! And also when characters are trying to get another character to do something and they say words to the effect of: "Ha, there's no way I'd ever do that!", and then, surprisingly enough, que the scene switch to them doing that same thing :confused: lol, i'm done for now :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When the webbing between my fingers are wet when the rest of my hand is dry.

Pathetic applications / games on facebook.

People who say innit / aint / bruv etc.

people who don't wear deodorant Seriously, I was sitting in the college library today and the smell was overwhelming, if you're big enough to go to college then you're big enough to spray a little.
When people don't indicate on roundabouts and you end up waiting to enter for no reason because they actually take the first exit.
Reply 3
Jews.

(I'm joking)
Facebook application requests.
People not knowing when to use the correct 'your' and 'you're' or 'then' and 'than'.
People who don't pronounce the T in water.
Not being able to eat whatever I like and not put weight on.
Having to wash and straighten my hair all the time.
Clothes when they're too big and unwearable.
When it's dark outside and the curtains are open and lights are on.
Not enough hours in the day.
People who force their music tastes on you
People who eat loudly
People who don't indicate
People
People who sniff constantly
People who feel the need to prove their intelligence
Myself.

Woahhh i'm a whole can of crazy.
1. Bad grammar.
2. Girls who put on a fake baby voice when any guy talks to them.
3. People who are generally annoying.
4. No one gives good hugs anymore.
5. The fact that T.I. is still in jail. One year and a day...what's the point in the extra day?

For real, people....what's going onnnnn?
Reply 8
In b4 'you' / 'your moaning'
Reply 9
When talking to Londoners and they use words like 'dry' and you have no idea what it means.
Broderss
When talking to Londoners and they use words like 'dry' and you have no idea what it means.

Thats long son. Real long.
People from the North. Oh, and Scotchmen.
Reply 12
Phone contracts that cost a fortune to cancel/buy out, thus meaning I can't get a snazzy new iPhone :frown:
- Facebook application invites. I know everyone's said that, but it's reminded me how much it irritates me.
- People who say they're vegetarian, but still eat chicken or fish.
- Adverts about sending your old gold in for cash. I can name about 10, one seems to pop up every week.
- Adverts about recycling your old mobile for cash. Again, ugh.
- The state and smell of public toilets. Bleh.
- How thin-skinned everyone is about jokes that cause offence. A lot of that's been happening recently and i'm fed up of it.
- How whenever I have no money I find a hundred things I want to buy and whenever I have some, there's nothing.
- People who use text-speak, or don't use punctuation.
- People who fit into stereotypes on purpose.
- Deal or no deal.
- Cheryl Cole.

I could go on. I'm really quite grumpy. :biggrin:
Southerners who dislike Northerners for no reason.
Drivers going 10mph in a 40mph zone....
Reply 16
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
1. Bad grammar.
2. Girls who put on a fake baby voice when any guy talks to them.3. People who are generally annoying.
4. No one gives good hugs anymore.
5. The fact that T.I. is still in jail. One year and a day...what's the point in the extra day?

For real, people....what's going onnnnn?

Ha! I notice this too, and yes it is irritating! Seriously, what's the point? :confused:
Reply 17
FelicityEllen
Southerners who dislike Northerners for no reason.

:yes:

Also people wearing leggings and a short top and considering it a decent way of dressing in public...

And pigeons.

And the fact that Mr Muscle has been replaced by some crappy beefcake animation. :rant:
People who chew loudly
People who chew loudly on the phone
People who insist on smoking next to you
This post is dedicated to my fellow morning train commuters.

Dear Trainfolk

I understand that you hate having to get up early, as do we all, but I feel I must share some thoughts with you.
1.) It is not necessary to sit next to me when there are many other pairs of seats available, just because you panic and sit down anywhere or you hate going backwards. It makes you look creepy, as correct train etiquette is to not sit next to strangers unless the train is busy.
2.) If you do insist on sitting next to me, ASK me to move my bag, don't just glare at me expectantly while I am obviously reading.
3.) Once you have sat down next to me, please keep your elbows to yourself. I don't like you touching me constantly.
4.) If you have brought a friend with you, I don't want to hear you wittering on about how you made your son cry by telling him that lions are mammals diagonally across the table at the tops of your voices. I'm trying to get on with my book, I was enjoying the peace and quiet. Please keep your voices down, you're barely a metre apart, you don't need to yell. No one else cares.
5.) When it comes to the end of the line and we all change, please get up. Don't wait for everyone else in the carriage to pass, therefore trapping me in my seat. Let me get on with my life.
6.) If you are one of the public transport weirdos, please, stop sitting near me.

With love,
Emmie

Latest

Trending

Trending