The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes! I have an interview too, on Wednesday, I imagine it's the same one...did you get all your preparation stuff from them? I just received an email from the college I applied for as well. There is so much to do!
Reply 2
Mine isn't until 4th November! I still haven't received a letter from them, how long did it take from hearing on track to receiving the info?

I have four friends who have studied the PGCE at Durham and they all say the interview was pretty informal.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes:smile:
Reply 3
It was all scarily quick. I applied, then within 2 weeks had a letter from them detailing all the stuff I needed for the interview. The letter was dated 10th October stating the interview date of 21st October. I would maybe chase them up about the letter but they might send it out only a couple of weeks before your interview, you know to play mind games! If you don't have anything in the next week or so I will let you know what you need to you can make a start on prep.
Reply 4
Although I'm not applying to do my PGCE at Durham, I did my undergrad degree at Durham and just to say that if you do get accepted there and decide to go then you'll really enjoy it - it's a fantastic university with a great Education department, and an amazing city to live in! :smile:

If you have any random questions about Durham don't hesitate to ask - though I notice that you said you have friends who did their PGCE at Durham so maybe you can just ask them ha!
Reply 5
Just got my letter, wow looks like it will be quite an intense day. I like that they've explained what you'll be asked though, will give us a chance to prepare answers. Have you arranged an interview with the college? I'm just going to sort that out now.
Reply 6
Hop your interview went well JCW!
Reply 7
I sent off my application today after waiting for what seems like forever for my tutor to fill in my reference.
How exactly do we apply to a college at Durham?
I haven't seen much info about it. I emailed Ustinov college at the weekend, speculatively expressing my intentions, but haven't heard back from them.
Reply 8
Oh no! I've got an interview at durham on the 4th of november, thats this wednesday coming! There's a postal strike, and a weekend in the next few days- i'll need a miracle for the info pack to actually reach me in time to be of use :frown:
Reply 9
Mine is then too! Will see you there!

Latest

Trending

Trending