The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im so academic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220294/Girl-16-drinks-death-posh-house-warming-party.html

Imo, her fault.

Everyone knows the dangers of alcohol these days, so I for one feel no sympathy for this girl.

It is just shocking the number of teenagers that binge drink - just disgusting.

There needs to be more discipline in this country, and because of the fact alcohol is so readily available nowadays, it needs to be taxed more.

I mean, what other ways could we do to stop these individuals binge drinking because it's seen to be "cool"?

I know a lot of comments will probably be biased, something along the lines of "drinking is ok". I expect it.

But the thing is, when will the day come when 15/16/17 year olds in this country know the dangers of drinking alcohol and the damage it causes?

Just because she, or whoever else, drank "a little bit", still, the point is, that does not make you invincible to death - like this one example shows.

Also - it is her fault that she died. No one shoved the alcohol into her mouth and swallowed it. No one forced her to go to this "party" full of immature party.

Really, really is shocking.

But the thing is, this disgusting behaviour is common.

This is my opinion which some of you might not agree with. Your opinions on this article?

For ****'s sake, you're 13. You cannot have an informed opinion on this sort of thing.
Reply 61
I don't drink really so I don't know how much 1/2 a litre of vodka is? Don't people drink that sort of amount all the time?
It seems she got pretty unlucky.
IMO, a mix of peer pressure and stupidity.
Dead from half a litre? ****.
Reply 64
Ben F
We don't need more taxes on alcohol, if young people want it, they'll get it (yes, they'll steal from shops or from their parents, or some other way). What we need is parents taking responsibility, and raising their children up to learn how to drink responsibly. That means rather than not introduce them to alcohol till they're 18, introduce them to a glass of wine when 14 or something; have them learn how to drink for the first time by responsible people, not have their first drink with some pissed up 15 year old friends.

This is so true.:yep:
wow, that's why I don't drink cause **** can happen!
Reply 66
This sort of thing (and, to a lesser extent, just making an arse of themselves) justifies the practice of secondary school bars for over 16s.
Reply 67
Rip :frown:
Reply 68
It's always the clever people that have no common sense it seems. I know some genius kinda kid (5 AS levels at A grade), every party he gets completely smashed and makes himself look like a ****.
Reply 69
warrenpenalver
What is it with this generation and binge
Is the world these days really that bad you have to be totally out of it on drugs or unconcious due to booze to relax and cope with daily stressors?? is this generation really that psychologically weak???

You better believe it is, blame our culture.
Dumb bitch.
Reply 71
1001 Chiko
Dead from half a litre? ****.

That was my reaction too.
Reply 72
that's just stupid -_-
im so academic
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220294/Girl-16-drinks-death-posh-house-warming-party.html

Imo, her fault.

Everyone knows the dangers of alcohol these days, so I for one feel no sympathy for this girl.

It is just shocking the number of teenagers that binge drink - just disgusting.

There needs to be more discipline in this country, and because of the fact alcohol is so readily available nowadays, it needs to be taxed more.

I mean, what other ways could we do to stop these individuals binge drinking because it's seen to be "cool"?

I know a lot of comments will probably be biased, something along the lines of "drinking is ok". I expect it.

But the thing is, when will the day come when 15/16/17 year olds in this country know the dangers of drinking alcohol and the damage it causes?

Just because she, or whoever else, drank "a little bit", still, the point is, that does not make you invincible to death - like this one example shows.

Also - it is her fault that she died. No one shoved the alcohol into her mouth and swallowed it. No one forced her to go to this "party" full of immature party.

Really, really is shocking.

But the thing is, this disgusting behaviour is common.

This is my opinion which some of you might not agree with. Your opinions on this article?

Not a popular viewpoint but one I actually agree with.I find it hard to believe someone with the intelligence to get 9 or 10 A* grades wouldn't know better than to drink that much neat vodka unless she was coerced into doing that - which would be a different matter entirely.I'd accept peer pressure to an extent might have happened but she really should have known better.

I agree with the taxation idea but only apply it to off-licences and supermarkets - I'd much rather have people drunk in a bar rather than perhaps at home which would be a less controlled environment.
Think Alcohol needs to be banned, uni students are all going to suffer liver damage soon.
The thing I LOL'd about was that papers are quick to state something they think people attach to, in this case about how she got 9 GCSE's

If someone with average grades and only a few GCSE's did this and died the paper wouldnt mention it and it doesnt mean they were less intelligent or stupid.

Anyway in the case of the girl, Its a shame and I hate when this sort of thing happens but hey """" happens.
Can people stop having a go at the poster, shes completely right, alcohol is BAD in ALL ways.
To be honest I have quite a bit of sympathy, I think most people at one stage have an 'episode' when they discover alcohol, some end up being sick and having a couple of days in bed (my case) some end up in hospital (my friends case he fell out a train that was luckily still on the platform) and some end up very Dead. The funny thing is if you get through it, you tend to learn not to get that drunk again and be so stupid because of what an utter idiot you were and how sick you was.

In my case it was new years eve, and me and my friends decided to go in every single pub on the seafront and end up in a nightclub far far down the strip. We started about 7pm and by 2AM I was totally gone. I was so drunk I didn't even feel some chav punching me in the face because my friend was dancing with his mates girlfriend. I didn't also know anything about a doorman throwing me out the club head first. It was snowing outside, and if it hadn't been for my mates, who were luckily a bit less drunk than me I probably would have been dead if I'd tried to walk home or ended up in the sea.

When they got me home I actually saw rodney and delboy from only fools and horses in the street and tried to leave the house. I was throwing up everywhere and chucked up in the front garden. In the end my mum has to sit with me all night and called a doctor out. to my friends amusement. In the morning my dad forced me to clean the sick off the drive outside .

Never again did I get that drunk, because when it gets to the point you can't feel being punched in the face or remember how you got home in a freezing winter , you learn your lesson if you are sensible. I can't but think if that girl survived that she might have too.
Bubbles*de*Milo
You're so idiotic, or a troll. I'm leaning towards the latter.

The OP's not trolling, I think it's his/her genuine opinion. I agree with the OP btw.
Yes, because all under 18s drink to the death.

For all the times i drank when i was underage, i must be a ghostie now.

Latest

Trending

Trending