The Student Room Group

I am faced with a Dilema

I am at school on a full scholarship, primarily for my theatre abilities. I auditioned for a French Film, I also auditioned for the school play. Now I was up for the lead both and luckily the decision was made for me by the film, they did not give me the lead, and I got the lead in the play.

I was happy until he emailed back just the other day and said that there was an extra part that he thought I would be perfect for. I really want to be in this Movie! Bad news is the filming dates are about 5 days before my play opens. I would only have to miss 2 rehearsals for the play. I am fine on my lines and only have about 2 more scenes to block and the play is near a month and a half away. My drama teacher says that I can only miss one of the two rehearsals. The film director wants me out there for a time period where I would miss both of the rehearsals.

I am applying to uni this year and I am applying to two drama schools. My drama teacher is writing my letter of recommendation. I Don't want things to turn ugly between us. I don't see why she isn't happy for me.

What do I do? Should I take the job and risk things getting ugly with my drama teacher? or should I turn the film down and relieve some of the stress that will be at that time?

I need Help!!!! And I need to respond to him really soon.
Reply 1
drink redbull then write an essay on how cows adapt to java
Reply 2
Is there absolutely no way your drama teacher will allow you to miss both rehearsals? Have you explained to her how much it will mean to you?

The opportunity seems too amazing to miss :frown: You're in a tricky situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending